Peugeot Forum

Phalanx

Neutral Newbie

Sad to see it closed down, some individuals in there were ugly tho. Am trying to get a webhost and start up. Any puggy wanna offer help?! flowerface.gif

↡ Advertisement

No worries...I am sure there is something working out!!! [sly]

Meanwhile you are still welcome to come join us for our routine kopi session every friday..although without the forum, the puggies club is still very much active..many of the existing members(at least for those whom has show face and acknowledged whom they are) are still in gatherings and activities.

I am sadden of course with the forum closing..but then maybe we can see it as a way to move on and with the conflict between people existing for the last 2 years, it would definitely be hard for the 2 groups to co-exist in a single forum. Anyway, many people is NOT owning a pug anymore and seriously dont see the point why they cannot pass on and accept the fact and let the other people take over but rather choose to close the forum and end all!!!. (Is it more like "If I dont get it, I rather not have others it too???"

For the past 1 year, without the "newbies" committment in organising events and activities and maintaining the growth of the club, the forum would have long die a natural death. I sure most car clubs owners/mod would agree, it is NOT so simple as to just start a car club/forum and just leave it and expect it to develop and growth or even exist. Much more energy and commitment is needed to ensure survival.But of course it is never doubtful to give credit to the people whom has started it all.

There is always a saying " Start a business is difficult, BUt maintaining it is even more difficult"

Anyway, thanks for the support and comments too, But then it would be unfair to call others "empty vessels" where some people dont even put an effort to attend or go gatherings and only use the forum for their own interest of "chit chatting" or gathering of info and does not contribute much thereafter. I always believe for the club to exist, it is necessary that things goes both ways!!!

For those whom complain as usual are probably those people whom has use the forum freely and only treat the forum as a means of leisure surfing and now they can't!!!

If you are really keen to support the club and want to see it back to it glory, you are welcome to come and volunteer yourself and contribute in anyway you can, please dont hide behind a screen and "complain" this and that and end up becoming a online "empty vessel"... [sly]

Hope this has shine some light on a one sided story so far.... [flowerface]

Edited by Wrxblue

Hiya,

Yea, I do agree with you that it is sad to see the forum gone..NOT because everyone has lost the enthusiasm but rather someone decided it is NOT worth to keep it and does not want to pass on the bayton.

Yes I do also agree "Talk is free" especially for people ONLINE...i guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but then certain remarks has to be fair and knowing both side of the story would be a good start to comment. [nod]

hey bro....suggestion....jus like the Skoda chaps who have access here, perhaps Peugeot Club could have one here too...saves lots on resources...thumbsup.gif

Do believe, from what you mentioned the problems are everywhere, just a matter of proper regulation, IMO

Edited by RadX

we already drove up..haha last min one but only for 1nite stay at Bukit Tinggi,

Nice roads to drive!!!.. [thumbsup]

We are thinking of a trip in Dec, probably a bigger group.

[nod]

post-3-1130637040_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wrxblue

dun see why we cannot co-exist, as afterall, we ALL own one thing in common, our love for vehiclesnod.gifnod.gif

Meetups would be more interesting, with diff members coming along...adds diversity liaothumbsup.gif

and with the organising of stuff, more heads would equate more ideas, planswink.gif

we already drove up..haha last min one but only for 1nite stay at Bukit Tinggi,

Nice roads to drive!!!..

We are thinking of a trip in Dec, probably a bigger group.

hey bro,

I saw that picture attached below your post you guys took at Bukit Tinggi. Did the Peugeot gang drove up there together? Got such lobang, do update me mann... Always wanted to go to Bukit Tinggi with my bike group but never... how, if any Peugeot drivers going, please do inform me.

Anyway... Anyone care to tell me how's that place like? European style? Weather?

Thanks

Vincent Ang

Yes, its the "french village" at Bukit Tinggi. I would say a nice and peaceful place at least the time we went becoz it was exam period.

But the roads there is fantastic!!! nice curvy mountain roads and E8 highway towards genting/bukit tinggi is nice too. Good mixture of slow and fast curve roads. About 50km of those roads.

The weather is quite good, nice cooling temperature in the morning and evenings.

But nothing much there except that you can maybe have a gang there and Kopi and chit chat your nite away!!!. [thumbsup]Good big carparks for car clubs drive up too. [nod]

Edited by Wrxblue

Neutral Newbie

First of all I like to say, finding someone to drive a peugeot is rarer than someone on a honda jazz or getz in singapore. Peugeot drivers are just a very small group.

In a forum like this, online forums if you must say it. Sharing information is the key. You know you get a new ride, you know where to find information of your ride, where to get stuffs in Singapore, etcetc... It's all for the fun and love of your ride. Meeting up is secondary. It's individual choice in fact, to join in for weekly coffee or trips to anywhere or bahbahbah. Not obligated I must imply. There will be people who will contribute - who are more active, loves meeting up and hanging ard BUT there are people who are just surfers in the forum, who only likes information at their fingertips. Doesn't go for weekly coffee session doesn't mean you are NOT a member of the forum. Doesn't go for outings doesn't mean you can hijack and sell me some items at ridiculous price just because you never see m face before??? Sad, it did happened.

Look at the bigger group like Getz, they have hundreds or members, just how many are active and do weekly outings to have fun. 100? Or perhaps about 50? So do you say those remaining hundreds registered users are not members cause they don't contribute a single sh*t?

Peugeot is smaller and easier to point out who is who, it gets hard at time when those so-called active people tried to push you to come to the coffee session or-else-we-won't-give-you-the-info-you-are-looking-for attitude. It felt so unwelcomed.

There will always be 2 groups of people, the active and inactive ones. They go both way. The active will go for hang-out and have fun, the inactive will lurk around the forums. When there are more information shared, words still go out. "Well buy a peugeot, we have a great forum!" That's when you have more people and the flow will come in and the hang-out session guys will increase. You can't just say those people do not put in the effort to meetup or contribute. There have to have more give and take.

cheers! smile.gif

Neutral Newbie

I certainly do not mind paying for the webhosting space just to get ourselves back up online. The information and resources are the keys considering the parts/accessories are so rare... wink.gif After all, it's for the love of our rides and we are all out to have fun.

SIC! Sharing Is Caring!flowerface.gif

You have made a few accusations in your post!! I am not too sure how true it is, but if it is, then probably you have been mixing with the wrong group of people!!!

I dont think anyone has or will force you to BUY or come to kopi if you dont want to!!! This is a free world!! whats the point of such comments?

As for the information you want to get from the forum, please note that the information does not come up just like that, it is from contribution from all members and at everyone's free will at least and to be justifable a little appreciation would help.

If you think just by owning a Peugeot and pop in ask what you want and everyone owes you a reply, then you are very wrong!!! Seriously if you want information at your finger tips, then go surf somewhere else coz this forum requires support, commitment and definitely NOT free so that it will survive and grow!!!. Not someone whom feels like coming in just for information.

Another point I want to make is, Yes this forum is for Peugeot owners, but without a group of committed people other than the group that has done up the forum and maintain it , everyone has contributed to see it grow. The question asked is whether are you one of them???.

With your comments as above, i doubt you know alot of people in the club.

Lastly, I have been in this club for more than 2years, seriously I do try to know most of the members and matter i do not know who you are.

After talking so much, and since you keep saying you want to contribute,I would very much like to see you come and contribute even by paying up when the new forum come up!!!

↡ Advertisement