Carburetor (or Carburettor if UK) servicing, what a difference!

Genie47

I recently went to JB to see this mechanic who specializes in taking carbs apart, wash them in kerosene/diesel and tune them to the car. My regular mechanic got me the repair kit only which explains the "Made in England" seals.

What a freaking difference! Previously the car gives me 12.9 to 13km/L and now she is giving a whopping 14.9km/L!

Power to match as well!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Wow..thats a big diff. Can u kindly tell us where this place is in JB and yr recommendation on the mech ? How much are we expecte to pay and how long to complete the job ?

Whats this repair kit about anyway.

Neutral Newbie

There is quite a lot of diff in skill levels here and there. blush.gif

Here ... we sometimes emphasize too much on qualifications that does not bear quality. They always try to get things done in whatever way within a certain time. There , they work by hand and experience , and take as much time as needed. Wat they know is from the field and not from qualifications. nod.gif

But the results speak for themselves ... and I bet you saved lots of $$$$ from the labour as well cause in Singapore, the labour charges KILLS rifle.gif

ps : If you find the right people in JB, you can be assured of quality work and lots of savings ... but only if you find the right people. nod.gif

Edited by Hitman

You are the same Greddy82 at the Starlet forums? This is Clonewarrior. Unknown_G7 has met some of the guys and will go in for the cleanup. PM your contact. You are driving a 2E powered G7 if I remember correctly.

The Starlet forum is slowly becoming an 'E' engine club. [laugh]

yea im the one n only... hehe u gotta tell me when ya goin cos im quite busy most of the time due to work commitment. anyway looks like it is becoming an e engine club. haha [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
I recently went to JB to see this mechanic who specializes in taking carbs apart, wash them in kerosene/diesel and tune them to the car. My regular mechanic got me the repair kit only which explains the "Made in England" seals.

What a freaking difference! Previously the car gives me 12.9 to 13km/L and now she is giving a whopping 14.9km/L!

Power to match as well!

hey let me know e details also can? i'm interested in going for a cleaning session too.

Been doing some reading on carbs. Actually DIY servicing can be done. I got hold of the breakdown part list diagram of the Aisin carb for Toyotas. The thing is that it is a messy job fiddling with its mass of wires and tubes. Of course the other thing is not to lose any screw or spring. The tuning part is the other thing that we cannot hope to achieve by DIY means. Maybe the carb car owners can unite to buy a Gunson Colortune plug [:)]

Unknown_G7's 2E carb is rather complicated looking compared to most of our Starlet carbs. When he came over, our resident carb guru was kinda stumped by its many other contraptions strapped onto it. In the end, we just figured out to block a tube so that he can live with the car until servicing. I believe the servicing he did in JB on Tue did wonders. He has been singing songs about the way his car performs now. I believe the mech removed some extraneous contraptions on his carb.

Neutral Newbie

Dun go dismantling it yourself if u havent done it before. shakehead.gif

I owned a Twin-Carb 1978 Toyota Celica, which by the way has the most complicated tuning arrangement and if u get the correct tuner ..... manz , that car can fly. thumbsup.gif

The said car is attached .... sui hor nod.gif

post-8-1073531253_thumb.jpg

No problem. PM me your contact no. We usually meet at the back alley carpark behind St. Andrews Centre.

We did try to make Bishan Golf Range our meeting grounds but with SWOG, MCF and iST gang meeting there, abit congested so we decided somewhere downtown. No set day for a meet. We meet when we feel like it and contact thru SMS. Usually 10pm. The prata shop next to it is where we order our drinks and food. Carpark is very dark but most of us bring good illumination. There could be a meet this Sat or Sun.

If you do come, you can get to see some wickedly kit out Starlets. So radically different, nobody has the faintest idea they are EP80 Starlets. I dare to say, more gorgeous than most kit out iST or Jazz.

Neutral Newbie

Yep .... wicked is a kind word for it .... its a chick-killer dude evillol.sml.gif at that time of course

But now in Car Heaven oredi .... May the Gods of Fuel rest my Celine in Peace bigcry.gifbigcry.gif

Edited by Hitman

Where can I buy carburetor repair kit for Nissan Sunny B13 from your regular mech?

Power to match as well!

↡ Advertisement