• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
59 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 11 August 2002 - 10:40 PM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

No, they're not the latest K- or J-pop duo to hit the scene. They're actually MPV's....anybody seen either of these on the road lately ? sunny.gif

Very interesting slab-sided MPV offerings from Toyota and Honda respectively, I must say. Peeking into their interiors (I've had the chance to catch both stationary, both gold, interestingly), I'm assuming countless seating arrangement combinations for up to possibly 7/8 ppl and their luggage.

If anything, their exterior designs are very much a 180-degree turn from the current trend of curvier looking MPV's. Anyone know any thing else on these ? Web searches seem to turn up sites of languages that are alien to me.....wonder if there's room for a doggie cage in either of them, tho'...... dizzy.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________

What re-sale value ? [:p]

Posted 13 August 2002 - 12:58 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i 'inspected' one Mobilo at west coast carmart and the interior space is really good for this size mini mpv thumbsup.gif , didn't ask for a test drive tho unsure.gif

btw, waiting to see when Fiat will bring in the 6-seater (?name), the one which sits 3 in front and 3 at the back thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Posted 13 August 2002 - 09:57 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You mean the Multipla ? They actually have a few specimens running around on the other side of teh causeway where it's actually sold - seen 2 there before. As for over our side, at the rate Fiat's selling, I won't bother to hold my breath - if I remember correctly, they sold zilch last year and less than 10 the previous.

Anyway, for the moment, these pics are probably the closest many of us would get to one......

Attached Thumbnails

• multipla int.jpg
  • multipla ext.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________
________

Posted 13 August 2002 - 10:06 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi Renegade,

Thanks for the photos! I think the interior and seating arrangement are really quite refreshing thumbsup.gif .

If only they could put the driver in the centre (Maclaren style), then it doesn't matter whether they are selling it in left- or right- handdrive countries: cost saving in production.

If only they can position all the head lights away from the front bumper area and put them at the base of the front windscreen, this will help in cutting down repair cost if there's a minor frontal accident when for a normal car the headlights might have to be replaced. Apparently this car is doing quite well in Europe and UK.

Cheers

Edited by Ysfoo, 13 August 2002 - 10:08 AM.

Posted 13 August 2002 - 10:30 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah, the McLaren-style would be interestingly radical, esp for an MPV and yes, I totally agree - the head light re-positioning would help reduce the need for minor repair costs (unless that's actually what they want of you.... tongue.gif ).

Doing well or otherwise, Fiat as a whole is doing really badly - so badly that it's continued existence is being questioned altogether.

Sad, tho', as the Stilo, I read, like the Multipla, is actually another competent car.
________

Posted 13 August 2002 - 11:09 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

very sad indeed sweatdrop.gif unsure.gif

Posted 13 August 2002 - 11:54 AM

Pauly75ts
  • Pauly75ts
    5th Gear
    Author Image

"the interior and seating arrangement are really quite refreshing"

Hi! there, Ysfoo,

The Fiat Multipla has a flat floorpan, so seating arrangement is adjustable, just remove the seats & you've got more cargo space, or less weight for high speed runs. thumbsup.gif

The high beam is just below the windscreen.

Rgds

Paul Yong
============================================================================
charterboatsg.com

Posted 13 August 2002 - 01:25 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi Paul,

The front and rear tracks must be quite wide to accommodate 3 passenger across: which means good cornering ability? thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Foo

Posted 13 August 2002 - 01:53 PM

Pauly75ts
  • Pauly75ts
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi! there, Ysfoo,

Fiat cars have always good handling, but I've never driven one, so cannot comment. I saw 1 in Kuantan at a petrol kiosk as I was passing by.

Rgds

Paul Yong
============================================================================
charterboatsg.com

Posted 21 August 2002 - 11:30 PM

Julian
  • Julian
    6th Gear
    Author Image

any of the mulitipla sold in s'pore? can get one if my car scrap....looks interesting... the mobilio looks interesting too...
It's not the Forum, it's the Forumer.

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:24 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi there, Julian,

And a warm welcome to MCF.... thumbsup.gif

So, you're interested in the Multipla, too, huh ? Well, sadly, none have been sold here and seriously, I'm not even sure if the almost non-existent Fiat dealership carries it (comments, anyone ?). The only time I ever saw it on local soil was this motor show two years ago at Suntec Convention Centre.

The Mobilo, on the other hand, I believe is sold by several PI's - have already seen two on the road, both gold, one parked right in my parking lot. IMO, it's a lot more visually exciting than the Voxy. Or, at least, as exciting as slabsided MPV's can get.
________

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:32 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

a bit off-topic: talking about slab-side MPVs, i always wonder how did the designers come up with the design of the Mistubishi Dion unsure.gif dizzy.gif ...... i tried very hard looking at it from all possible angles and still find it looks 'aesthetically-challenged', maybe the beauty in it is so subtle that i miss it unsure.gif ......... even if it's a commercial van, it still looks odd...... stranger still, now it has a turbo engine! agree/disagree?

Edited by Ysfoo, 22 August 2002 - 09:33 AM.

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:37 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Agree wholeheartedly.... nod.gif nod.gif

After taking my time to have a really good, good look all round it, I've come to conclude that "pleasing" was one of the words that didn't exist in the designers' dictionary. You've got to admit, tho', that from a designer's standpoint, it's a whole lot easier to go for straight-cut edges than curves. And it really is pretty spacious within..... gossip.gif

Disclaimer - Conclusion stated here strictly personal and does not reflect the general stand of the forum.... laugh.gif rifle.gif
________

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:58 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes, it is really spacious: so at least there's one good reason for its existence thumbsup.gif ......... which MPV is most 'sexy' and nice looking? Estima? .....?

Disclaimer:
the opinions expressed here are strictly personal, whether you agree or disagree with them, we would very much like to hear from you, but please don't charge us for that laugh.gif laugh.gif , and if we end up having heated arguements, it's purely for the love of the topics and should not implicate the forum in anyway tongue.gif laugh.gif ..... help needed to make this legally more 'jai' laugh.gif

Posted 22 August 2002 - 10:16 AM

Seansene
  • Seansene
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Ever seen the high-class version of the Dion, the "Exceed"??? I know some people who like the way it looks, but I just can't help seeing a co-relation between the Dion and several Mitsu fridges... makes sense when you think about it, huh?

"Hey, what are you designing now?"
"One of the new refrigerators, why?"
"The guys over at the auto department need a new car design, NOW!!"
"Uh......okay...." sly.gif

...and the rest, as they say...

Alliteration goes a long way

Posted 22 August 2002 - 10:16 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Purely for looks, I'd go for either the VW-Seat-Ford Sharalambralaxy (for bland-nice) or Renault Avantime (for radical-nice)..... gossip.gif
________

Posted 22 August 2002 - 01:41 PM

Seansene
  • Seansene
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You guys have got to visit Toyota's Voxy website - full of those Jap slogans we love so much:
"Voxy - My Straight Minivan";
"Voxy 4 Your Life";
"How to Arrange!";
"How to be Useful!";
"How to Place!"

http://www.toyota.co...ta_lineup/Voxy/

...all I can say is: "Wha...??" laugh.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• Voxy1.jpg
  • Voxy2.jpg

Edited by Seansene, 22 August 2002 - 01:43 PM.

Posted 22 August 2002 - 02:03 PM

Seansene
  • Seansene
    Supercharged
    Author Image

And here are pics of the Mobilo... mind you, there's a 4WD option, and the pics below are of the Mugen version! Any rice boys out there interested?? bounce1.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• Mobilo_Mugen_kit_3.jpg
  • Mobilo_Mugen_kit_1.jpg

Posted 22 August 2002 - 04:35 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It will be a hard decision to choose between Voxy and Mobilo looking at the appearance and space packaging alone unsure.gif .... it is quite incredible that 6 persons can be seated in such good looking compact MPVs: well done thumbsup.gif

"Voxy - My Straight Minivan", you mean they will come up with another version for the "not-so-straight" type?..... they are really trying to please everyone laugh.gif

So far, the beauty contest for MPVs has three contestants: Estima, Renault Avantime, and Ahambra/Galaxy/Sharan (Renegade has a very nice name for this trio thumbsup.gif ), i think there should be a few more?

Cheers

Edited by Ysfoo, 22 August 2002 - 04:37 PM.

Posted 22 August 2002 - 04:47 PM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thank you, thank you, thank you, but the 'Sharalhambralaxy' moniker was ripped-off the countless issues of CAR I've read.... smile.gif

As for the straight and not-so-straight-Voxies (Voxy's ?), perhaps Toyota's looking into exploiting niche niches..... laugh.gif laugh.gif
________

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Voxy, Mobilo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)