• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic | 28 praises

Posted 06 February 2004 - 08:32 PM

Jackfoo
  • Premium member
    Jackfoo
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear brothers,

currently driving year 2004 Civic (ES5), observe that when driving through hump or uneven roads, the drive feel quite bumpy (is it because of the stiff suspension?).
if by installing the above items will the drive be beter (beside better corning)?

thank you sunny.gifsunny.gifsunny.gif

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:06 PM

Madarmour
  • Madarmour
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Comfortwise will go further south! sly.gif Definitely better cornering, though.

Henry Ford once said: “Whenever I see an Alfa Romeo, I raise my hat?

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

bringing up an old thread.

wanna ask if anyone install this as i see it commonly in our local cars.

Subframe BAR (silver) & Rear Lower Tie Bar (green)

2ikfepv.jpg

is it worth getting? i read and found out most of the honda older series are using it.

said to strength and improve handling.

oh, you need both to work or either one will do the job?

Edited by Kurty, 17 February 2014 - 05:25 PM.

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

anyone?

bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

D15z7
  • Premium member
    D15z7
    1st Gear
    Author Image

htup_1103_04_o+1991_honda_civic_si+asr_s

IMHO just install the rear suframe brace will do.. the lower tie bar will be redundant in this case.

Reputable brands are ASR and Function 7.. you can skip the rest.. ^_^

Kurty, Lightsabre and Columbian78 praised this

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

htup_1103_04_o+1991_honda_civic_si+asr_s

IMHO just install the rear suframe brace will do.. the lower tie bar will be redundant in this case.

Reputable brands are ASR and Function 7.. you can skip the rest.. ^_^

thanks, that was simple.

intend to do it this thursday, upzz your points

Columbian78 praised this
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

VivienneNgTan
  • VivienneNgTan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

thanks, that was simple.

intend to do it this thursday, upzz your points

Hi there,

Have you heard of Ultra Racing Strut Bar / Sway Bar? Is a Malaysia based manufacturer products. More than 3000 car models and the strut bar is designed for safety & superior handling and also enhance the stability.

You may contact me via email: vivienne@ultraracing.com.my

663-thickbox_default.jpg

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi there,

Have you heard of Ultra Racing Strut Bar / Sway Bar? Is a Malaysia based manufacturer products. More than 3000 car models and the strut bar is designed for safety & superior handling and also enhance the stability.

You may contact me via email: vivienne@ultraracing.com.my

663-thickbox_default.jpg

yes, thank you.

i'm already using them 

bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

VivienneNgTan
  • VivienneNgTan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

yes, thank you.

i'm already using them 

I hope you are finding the strut bar benefits to you as we are promoting the products to all the car clubs now as well as dealers.

Please feel free to contact me on any new arrangement.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

Kenken
  • Premium member
    Kenken
    Clutched
    Author Image

I hope you are finding the strut bar benefits to you as we are promoting the products to all the car clubs now as well as dealers.

Please feel free to contact me on any new arrangement.

Hi, whar you suggest for 2006 mazda 6

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

VivienneNgTan
  • VivienneNgTan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, whar you suggest for 2006 mazda 6

Hi is it left hand drive?

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Kenken
  • Premium member
    Kenken
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi is it left hand drive?

No. Is RHD
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

DennisWong
  • DennisWong
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Dear all,

I'm also very new to struts and ties.

Currently driving a 10 year old Honda Jazz, and I'm thinking of reinforcing/strengthening my chassis, and I'm thinking of adding struts (for the front) and ties (for the rear).

Would this make the ride more uncomfortable?

And would the passengers feel more sidewards force as I do my corners?

Thanks!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:16 AM

Zippaboy
  • Premium member
    Zippaboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Dear all,

I'm also very new to struts and ties.

Currently driving a 10 year old Honda Jazz, and I'm thinking of reinforcing/strengthening my chassis, and I'm thinking of adding struts (for the front) and ties (for the rear).

Would this make the ride more uncomfortable?

And would the passengers feel more sidewards force as I do my corners?

Thanks!

after trying front/rear strut bars in 3 cars, i am very convinced by how well they worked.

in fact, the ride is not so floaty and much more planted now.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

sknight
  • sknight
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi All

Apologies to high jack this thread, as I could not create a new one.

I would like to install front Strut Bar and underbrace (Cusco...) for the new 2014 Harrier, any recommended shops I should check out?

Thank you

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Make sure you check with your insurer if this will void your policy first. 

ShellVpower and Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

I-love-singapore
  • Premium member
    I-love-singapore
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

u can feel diff when u change coilover, anti roll bar...

front/rear strut not worth the $.

i am not actually a brave man, but i love singapore, i love singaporeans. The co driver is there to slap the driver when he drive off cos & when he fall asleep
u as a singaporeans deserve to hold the gov accountable for the polices they hv implemented over the pass 5 years.
there is no reason to be scare anymore.....

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

sknight
  • sknight
    1st Gear
    Author Image

yup, I did all for my previous Mark X... so taking steps slowly where I think the Struts will help the big body from rolling and improve road feel.

Thanks for the advice, I will change the coil over in 2 years time after it leaks. haha

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u can feel diff when u change coilover, anti roll bar...

front/rear strut not worth the $.

Was told anti roll bar is more for cornering.

Apart from coilover, what items can improve road handling?
More stability when high speed.
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

I-love-singapore
  • Premium member
    I-love-singapore
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Was told anti roll bar is more for cornering.

Apart from coilover, what items can improve road handling?
More stability when high speed.

better tires.

proper alignment.  high speed & track setting are totally diff. 1 toe in, 1 toe out.

aerodynamic parts. e.g. gt wing to hold ur car down. but not any gt wing u buy from shop. buy 1 that they do R&D with ur car.

change car.

haa

Edited by I-love-singapore, 03 November 2014 - 01:28 PM.

i am not actually a brave man, but i love singapore, i love singaporeans. The co driver is there to slap the driver when he drive off cos & when he fall asleep
u as a singaporeans deserve to hold the gov accountable for the polices they hv implemented over the pass 5 years.
there is no reason to be scare anymore.....

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar & Rear Upper Bar

Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar & Rear Upper Bar  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Oshely  |  4th Gear

Good improvements to handling

To say a brand from our neighbor the quality and design is really comprehensive Not only the quality the price is also very reasonable I believe the brand now is pretty well known The handling also had improved The more bars installed... » Read More

Ultra Racing Front Strut Bars

Ultra Racing Front Strut Bars  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Oshely  |  4th Gear

Good set of re-enforcement bar

To say a brand from our neighbor the quality and design is really comprehensive Not only the quality the price is also very reasonable I believe the brand now is pretty well known The handling also had improved

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Strut Bar

Quick Reply

Tags: front, rear, strut, lower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users