Most Desirable 1500/1600cc Cars in Town

Super7

Hi Guys,

Which model(s) in your opinion is the most desirable 1500/1600cc car in town, in terms of:-

a. Look alone
b. Total package

If you wish, you can split your "vote" into a few categories like:-

Normal Class, Luxury Class, Performance Class..... i'm not too sure if these are the sutiable classes to use though unsure.gif

Let's do this in a relaxed and free-discussion way and no need to let our neck turn red laugh.giflaugh.gif

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Ooo....lovely choices, and seeing they're all hatches, can I ask that the Seat Leon and Ford Focus hatch be added to your list ? [thumbsup]

Anyway, found it a bit difficult to categorise them by market sector so I opted for the body styles and here's my nominations and corresponding categories, in no order of preference whatsoever:

Hatch - Focus (edgey-radical made mainstream), Leon (subtle understatedness), Mini (cutie-pie of the moment.....)

Saloon - Toledo (being thick-skinned here - pretty, but not desired by many.... [:p] ), Impreza (not pretty but highly desirable)

Ragtop - MX-5 [sunny]

Normal Class : Civic (I guess)

Luxury Class : mini cooper? LOL!!!! or benz A160

Performance Class : rx7 is 1300 cc can or not? LOL!! If can't then.... lotus lor... (about 100cc more but shhh [sweatdrop] )

but personally hatchbacks are horribly ugly to me [knife] .

Edited by Rx7_lover

yes I agree esp the S cooper which has 160 hp with 210 torque. 100 hp per liter and alot of torque. It will probably beat most stock 1500-1600cc cars flat (well it loses to the rx7 though :P) But I won't be caught dead buying that car because I just hate hatchbacks. They create so much drag than a normal sedan and they look like your too cheap to afford a booth. Case closed ^^

Neutral Newbie

the 147? the 2000cc selespeed one...

i test drove it when looking for a car coz I'm a hatch/coupe person... mann... power!! fell in love with it [inlove] but the insurance will kill coz I think all Insurance companies consider all Alfa models as performance/sports right? for a 2l car, the price is actually quite reasonable...

it's really cool with the selespeed... too bad can't come up with the upfront and since I'm a new driver, no point also coz the insurance will kill me... [shakehead] ... but i did ask whether my bike's NCB can be used or not [angel]

Neutral Newbie

Mini cooper also more than $100K [sly]

But really want to try V6 3.0 engine on a renault Clio! $250K[jawdrop]

Edited by Mondeo

rx8 looks like a rx7 that fell off a cliff.

but the engine is some feat. getting 255hp with no turbo or supercharger (if I am not mistaken) and still at only 1300cc that is close to the same output as the old engine which had twin turbos.

hrm.... actually the mini cooper without the engine upgrade is only 87-92K... but you only have 150 torue and 114 hp.... about the standard or lower than a civic

but with the S cooper it is 102K but you got 161 hp and 210 torque....

Neutral Newbie

When Autofrance was still offering that 206, 1.6 version with the nice moon-roof. That was a cool car... simple, affordable, nothing extravagant about it. Zippy enuff on SG roads, a car to sit in watching the rain patter on your roof...

apart from the affordable dream, the unaffordable 3-litre family...

Clio RenaultsportV6 3.0 [sweatdrop] just go look at the website, okay? [inlove]

Toyota Altezza RS300 Z [inlove]

>>>>>>>Performance Class : rx7 is 1300 cc can or not? LOL!! If can't then.... lotus lor... (about 100cc more but shhh ) [laugh] .... but technically very hard to disagree with you [:/]

Lotus is always my favourite, dying to try the Elise, but they prolly 'see me no up' and will not let me try [:/] ...... may borrow your RX7 to park in front of their showroom, then i sure have chance to test drive [:p]

cheers

Edited by Ysfoo
↡ Advertisement