Most Desirable 1500/1600cc Cars in Town

Super7

Incidentally the 147 1.6L comes in one type of transmission only.......manual. It's the 2.0L that comes with Selespeed in SG.

Edited by Mikeckchong
↡ Advertisement

lol

true true.

dunno about you but the new WRX looks horrible. I actually like the old one better. I had a friend who likes the new WRX (but he likes the beattle so not the kinda person I would ask about cars with.)

but I am not so sure about the power of those cars since I never kept track of them.

plus aren't the lancer evos above 150K? Kinda expensive to be a practical family car I think :P

Edited by Rx7_lover

Well, IMO the new Scooby's bug-eyed look tends to grow on you, at least it does on me! [laugh] Especially if you have the projection headlamps. [thumbsup]

Here are the specs:

Mitsu Evo VII

Power: 276@6500 (closer to 320)

Torque: 282lb-ft@3500

0-60: 4.7s

Scooby WRX STi:

Power: 276@6400 (closer to 320)

Torque: 275lb-ft@4000

0-60: 4.6s

*I think the 0-60 figures could be a bit off as I'm sure the Evo is a bit faster but heck, both gives you sub 5s timing! [thumbsup]

The Evo VII costs about $151 from the PI but for such a big bang for the buck, it's relatively cheap. Remember, a 318i costs almost similar!

Yeah, I could live with either one, heh heh [sly]

But the fuel bill would kill me before I kill myself [dead]

Plus, they're not in the 1.5/1.6l range anymore... [laugh]

Well, think of the $50-$100k upfront you'd save IF you were to buy a similarly specced conti sports car, which would probably drink as much! [sly] How much would the Focus RS cost again? [laugh][laugh]

Was told that RS will not make it to our shores [:(] . A customer was willing to pay upto $250k but RM still won't bring it in [gossip] .

At S$180k, you'll have to settle with the lesser power ST170 (which will be in the upcoming Car Show) [:|] . The ST170 is already in RM but not display in the Show Room. [;)]

Power? The more the merrier! [laugh][laugh][laugh] It's always power no enough! [sweatdrop]

tell you what. You drive a 1000 hp car on normal road see how you can tahan it :P. The butt will prob wiggle when you start to move LOL.... not that I would mind it for drag racing but not for normal road driving or road racing. 500+ hp will do fine cos that is enough power to power me through the course and I won't have as much control problems. If your good at 500 hp then gradually move up lor. But driving 1000 hp on normal road is abit too much to handle. :P

350hp not greedy meh?

only a handful of stock cars can do that. let alone 1.4 - 1.5 ton car.

I think the supra twin turbo / gtr is about that weight or more and only 300+ / 280 :P

↡ Advertisement