• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
217 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Poll: Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ? (91 member(s) have cast votes)

1. No, I want my money back !!! (9 votes [9.89%])

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

2. No, My agent didn't tell me !!! (4 votes [4.40%])

Percentage of vote: 4.40%

3. No, I go for Toyota branding (8 votes [8.79%])

Percentage of vote: 8.79%

4. Yes, I know I am buying a made-in-thai car (70 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:13 AM

Cheekg99
  • Cheekg99
    Banned

Heard from some ALTIS owner they do not know they are buying a made-in-thailand car ...

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:46 AM

Chippz
  • Chippz
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

tot this was made known to public?

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:07 AM

Hitman
  • Hitman
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Heard from some ALTIS owner they do not know they are buying a made-in-thailand car ...

Wats the diff ley .. even if car is made in Thailand. Does it make it in any way inferior to a car made in japan ?? As long as car got engine and can move .... it can be classified as a useful car.

Made in Thailand does not mean car comes in without an engine does it ??

As for the owners ... if they buy a car without doing much research about it , trusting it all in the Toyota name ... then 1) They deserve to feel cheated cause of pure stupidity and 2) Should open up their eyes and knowledge on the shifting world economy on production, manufacturing and its cost relations.
=========================================================

Baby ... I am your LOVE KAMIKAZE.

When I'm good, I'm very, very good ... but when I'm bad, I'm better.

We focus on the things we want to have that we forget to appreciate the things we have.

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:12 AM

Buzz
  • Buzz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Agree with Hitman, so what's the big deal? tongue.gif

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:15 AM

Panda
  • Panda
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Big deal is: You'll need to add in a bottle of STP Tom-Yam Injector Boost everytime you fill up your tank. Don't SEs tell anyone anything at all? Tsk Tsk... Borneo... laugh.gif

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:19 AM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Big deal is: You'll need to add in a bottle of STP Tom-Yam Injector Boost everytime you fill up your tank. Don't SEs tell anyone anything at all? Tsk Tsk... Borneo... laugh.gif

Its the same for voting, they go for the brand name... hahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:21 AM

Buzz
  • Buzz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

laugh.gif laugh.gif sin know they sell that, got lobang wink.gif

Aiya Borneo is well known for their attitude. They ask you ai mai? Mai still got long queue waiting outside. unimpressed.gif

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:26 AM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is nothing to it. Sillyporeans harp on Japan car good, and cheaper made anywhere in the 3rd world cars bad. Can move can lah!
Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:40 AM

Hitman
  • Hitman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

There is nothing to it. Sillyporeans harp on Japan car good, and cheaper made anywhere in the 3rd world cars bad. Can move can lah!

SINGAPOREAN SUPERIORITY COMPLEX ??

We focus on the things we want to have that we forget to appreciate the things we have.

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:36 AM

Matthatter
  • Matthatter
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

SINGAPOREAN SUPERIORITY COMPLEX ??

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:44 AM

Gendut
  • Gendut
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It is another sign of our people's mentality.

To ask that they do some homework for something as important as buying a car is almost impossible. So where will our future be? sad.gif

Most of them just ask relative/colleagues. Except those in this forum thumbsup.gif
There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone.
Rod Serling

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:20 AM

Silverarrow
  • Silverarrow
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

It's an open fact that the Altis is a Thai-made car. There were even concerns about the car's origins during its launch. But being Thai-made has its advantages in the form of attractive prices to consumers, and Borneo Motors has smartly played along by adopting an aggressive pricing strategy and passing on the cost savings to consumers. Just check out the price of an Altis (~S$71,000) vs the price of a PI G9 (~S$78,000) and you will see why.

Sadly, Kah Motor isn't adopting the same strategy, preferring instead to keep the fatter profits for themselves by pricing its Thai-made Honda Jazz 1.4 at a premium. In fact, at ~S$72,000, it's actually more expensive than the higher-speced JDM Fit (~S$70,000), although Kah Motor tried to throw in a 3-year warranty to divert some attention away from its pricing strategy.

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:53 AM

Cheekg99
  • Cheekg99
    Banned

made in thailand or whatever, I think car manufacturers have to pass on some cost
savings to consumers ...

As for Honda, just becos' it added a more powerful engine to City model, it jacked up its car price for this ...

If you go to onemotoring to check cost of car models, Honda and Toyota have one of the highest margin around ...

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:59 AM

Vivioman
  • Vivioman
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Heard that even the BMW 318i is not made in Germany, but rather in South Africa...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIKEsutra.com - http://www.bikesutra.com

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:02 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

nothing is wrong, coz it's cheaper thumbsup.gif
chinese so called 'yin fen qian yi fen hua' (one cent's money, one cent's good) laugh.gif

Edited by En0203, 26 April 2004 - 12:02 PM.

Face it, we are just ghmen's money trees
and they'll try their very best to suck us dry!
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:02 PM

Hitman
  • Hitman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Heard that even the BMW 318i is not made in Germany, but rather in South Africa...

Mercedes also

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:05 PM

Hondacrv
  • Hondacrv
    5th Gear
    Author Image

no leh, jazz is still made in japan leh.. nod.gif nod.gif

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:08 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

no leh, jazz is still made in japan leh.. nod.gif nod.gif

that's why it is so ex lor sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif
Face it, we are just ghmen's money trees
and they'll try their very best to suck us dry!
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:10 PM

Cheekg99
  • Cheekg99
    Banned

Saw many mint green Jazz on the road ... loooks like of unique ...

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:11 PM

Hondacrv
  • Hondacrv
    5th Gear
    Author Image

heh heh, me, myself and my poor buddie --> en0203
we r poorie poorie ppl laugh.gif laugh.gif

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Corolla, Altis, Owner, know and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users