Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?

Cheekg99

Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1.

• No, I want my money back !!!
    • No, My agent didn't tell me !!!
    • No, I go for Toyota branding
    • Yes, I know I am buying a made-in-thai car

Neutral Newbie

Heard from some ALTIS owner they do not know they are buying a made-in-thailand car ...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Heard from some ALTIS owner they do not know they are buying a made-in-thailand car ...

Wats the diff ley .. even if car is made in Thailand. Does it make it in any way inferior to a car made in japan ?? dizzy.gifdizzy.gif As long as car got engine and can move .... it can be classified as a useful car. tongue.gif

Made in Thailand does not mean car comes in without an engine does it ?? wink.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

As for the owners ... if they buy a car without doing much research about it , trusting it all in the Toyota name ... then 1) They deserve to feel cheated cause of pure stupidity nod.gif and 2) Should open up their eyes and knowledge on the shifting world economy on production, manufacturing and its cost relations. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Neutral Newbie
Agree with Hitman, so what's the big deal? [:p]

Big deal is: You'll need to add in a bottle of STP Tom-Yam Injector Boost everytime you fill up your tank. Don't SEs tell anyone anything at all? Tsk Tsk... Borneo... [laugh]

Big deal is: You'll need to add in a bottle of STP Tom-Yam Injector Boost everytime you fill up your tank. Don't SEs tell anyone anything at all? Tsk Tsk... Borneo... [laugh]

Its the same for voting, they go for the brand name... hahaha [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

[laugh][laugh] sin know they sell that, got lobang [;)]

Aiya Borneo is well known for their attitude. They ask you ai mai? Mai still got long queue waiting outside. [:|]

There is nothing to it. Sillyporeans harp on Japan car good, and cheaper made anywhere in the 3rd world cars bad. Can move can lah!

Neutral Newbie
There is nothing to it. Sillyporeans harp on Japan car good, and cheaper made anywhere in the 3rd world cars bad. Can move can lah!

SINGAPOREAN SUPERIORITY COMPLEX ?? sly.gifsly.gif

Neutral Newbie

SINGAPOREAN SUPERIORITY COMPLEX ?? sly.gifsly.gif

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

It is another sign of our people's mentality.

To ask that they do some homework for something as important as buying a car is almost impossible. So where will our future be? [:(]

Most of them just ask relative/colleagues. Except those in this forum [thumbsup]

It's an open fact that the Altis is a Thai-made car. There were even concerns about the car's origins during its launch. But being Thai-made has its advantages in the form of attractive prices to consumers, and Borneo Motors has smartly played along by adopting an aggressive pricing strategy and passing on the cost savings to consumers. Just check out the price of an Altis (~S$71,000) vs the price of a PI G9 (~S$78,000) and you will see why.

Sadly, Kah Motor isn't adopting the same strategy, preferring instead to keep the fatter profits for themselves by pricing its Thai-made Honda Jazz 1.4 at a premium. In fact, at ~S$72,000, it's actually more expensive than the higher-speced JDM Fit (~S$70,000), although Kah Motor tried to throw in a 3-year warranty to divert some attention away from its pricing strategy.

Neutral Newbie

made in thailand or whatever, I think car manufacturers have to pass on some cost

savings to consumers ...

As for Honda, just becos' it added a more powerful engine to City model, it jacked up its car price for this ...

If you go to onemotoring to check cost of car models, Honda and Toyota have one of the highest margin around ...

nothing is wrong, coz it's cheaper [thumbsup]

chinese so called 'yin fen qian yi fen hua' (one cent's money, one cent's good) [laugh]

Edited by En0203