Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?

Cheekg99

Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1.

• No, I want my money back !!!
    • No, My agent didn't tell me !!!
    • No, I go for Toyota branding
    • Yes, I know I am buying a made-in-thai car

hmm...i'm considering getting a Altis soon but after hearing it's a taxi car..now not sure if it's a good choice....

If you're gonna avoid buying any cars that are used as taxi in any parts of the world, then you are destined to take public transport liao. Why?

Volkswagon used as taxi in Shanghai.

Altis in Bangkok.

Hyundai in Korea.

Toyota in SG.

Merc in SG.

Nissan in SG.

Proton in MY.

Skoda in UK.

angry01.gif

dude, if u have seen '20 something taipei' movie, u would see that the yellow taxi is an ALTIS!

In germany, opel taxis!

cheers!!

Neutral Newbie
[reply]hmm...i'm considering getting a Altis soon but after hearing it's a taxi car..now not sure if it's a good choice....

If you're gonna avoid buying any cars that are used as taxi in any parts of the world, then you are destined to take public transport liao. Why?

Altis in Bangkok.

Hyundai in Korea.

Toyota in SG.

Merc in SG.

Nissan in SG.

Proton in MY.

Skoda in UK.

Include the following :

BMW 5 and 7 Series and Merc E Class in Germany. [:p]

Neutral Newbie
[reply]hmm...i'm considering getting a Altis soon but after hearing it's a taxi car..now not sure if it's a good choice....

Altis in Bangkok.

Hyundai in Korea.

Toyota in SG.

Merc in SG.

Nissan in SG.

Proton in MY.

Skoda in UK.

Include the following :

BMW 5 and 7 Series and Merc E Class in Germany. [:p]

Once heard from my friend that he saw a skyline GTT being used as taxi in Brunei. [nod]

Unfortunately, a decade down the road from the first Thai assembled Altis sold in S'pore, car distributors like Borneo Motors are not passing on the savings of cheapest cost in Thailand to consumer.

Estimated cost of latest Corolla Altis to Borneo Motors = OMV$15,000 x 2.5 (taxes) + COE $72,000 = $109,500

Estimated gross profit = Selling price #133000 – Cost $109,500 = $23,500

Actually didn't find any issue w made in other country other than jap jap cars. Essentially still "jap" spec parts n not some chiong parts n also same robots for the factories elsewhere than in jap. Just that other country ppl putting it together. For example, can't tell mit mz2 n mii sienta fr jap models..

Actually didn't find any issue w made in other country other than jap jap cars. Essentially still "jap" spec parts n not some chiong parts n also same robots for the factories elsewhere than in jap. Just that other country ppl putting it together. For example, can't tell mit mz2 n mii sienta fr jap models..

see the number of new cars on road shoulder with open boots can tell la.  not all parts make by the car manufacturer and some parts that is oem cant control too much.  Thai make cars have many parts comes from china and thai itself.  not all from japan.

see the number of new cars on road shoulder with open boots can tell la. not all parts make by the car manufacturer and some parts that is oem cant control too much. Thai make cars have many parts comes from china and thai itself. not all from japan.

So far didn't see any altis at roadside but ironically saw jdm Harrier at roadside during cny period

altis still a good sedan car.

If not it will not be the local bestseller.no fancy i stop, g vectoring stuff. No fancy sunroof and vtec stuff.

Most still prefer the altis cos of its down to earth features

(edited)

If not it will not be the local bestseller.no fancy i stop, g vectoring stuff. No fancy sunroof and vtec stuff.

Most still prefer the altis cos of its down to earth features

Example of down to earth features?

having side mirrors and aircons?

Edited by clement229
  • Praise 1

Any feedback on Altis performance in particular on the FC? I am seriously considering putting my money down on one. Its was down to either Honda HRV, Nissan Qashqai and Toyota Altis. HRV image really spoiled by all the UBER/GRAB Vezel on the road. Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Turbo really looks good but heard some real horror stories on the engine. So now went down to showroom twice to take a look at the Altis, exterior looks really nice but interior wise can't say much, looks really basic.

Any feedback on Altis performance in particular on the FC? I am seriously considering putting my money down on one. Its was down to either Honda HRV, Nissan Qashqai and Toyota Altis. HRV image really spoiled by all the UBER/GRAB Vezel on the road. Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Turbo really looks good but heard some real horror stories on the engine. So now went down to showroom twice to take a look at the Altis, exterior looks really nice but interior wise can't say much, looks really basic.

You might want to wait for the facelift model.

Current version only left red brown black. Unless you are ok with one of these choices.

↡ Advertisement