Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?

Cheekg99

Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1.

• No, I want my money back !!!
    • No, My agent didn't tell me !!!
    • No, I go for Toyota branding
    • Yes, I know I am buying a made-in-thai car

bt i tink the sunglass holder..rear 3rd head rest...2-6 sec intermittent wipers oso wnt cost much right? [sweatdrop]

guess car manufacturers added these small features to attract buyers..and together with a cheap price tag..not many can resist [sly]

Edited by Mondeost220
↡ Advertisement

Yes, initially you may think that Korean cars are budget car but when you get to know those features in the car, you will feel that it is value for money just like my Spectra, paying for the price of 1.6, it is spacious enough and getting those gadgets found in most Jap 2.0 litre car like the sunglass holder, rear 3rd head rest and 2-6sec intermittent wiper.

1. I would say the desirable extra should be:

a) more airbags (Renault Megane 1.6L has six),

b) Trip computer (Many have it, Skoda is one of those)

c) Rain sensor

d) Automatic climate control

e) Keyless entry and others

2. The abv-mentioned are common in some 1.6L Conti car.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie
den i tink the price wld surely goes up too wif these extrras laugh.gif

Ya, correct! If they add in those features mentioned above, the price will go up just like the new Renault Megane 2 which cost around $84k but if my budget is around this range, will definitely go for Renault Megane 2 rather than the costly Mazda 3, not worth for money.

That is why Korean cars take out most air-bag and ABS etc so that the selling price will kept low and will attract those buyers who are budget concern but yet enjoy some of the good features.

Their same range of cars in european countries like the Kia Cerato which will be launching in singapore soon will be available in Korea in 2.0 Diesel engine and 2.0 litre VVTI engine in european countries so in singapore only available as 1.6 engine.

Neutral Newbie

Ya, correct! If they add in those features mentioned above, the price will go up just like the new Renault Megane 2 which cost around $84k but if my budget is around this range, will definitely go for Renault Megane 2 rather than the costly Mazda 3, not worth for money.

That is why Korean cars take out most air-bag and ABS etc so that the selling price will kept low and will attract those buyers who are budget concern but yet enjoy some of the good features.

Their same range of cars in european countries like the Kia Cerato which will be launching in singapore soon will be available in Korea in 2.0 Diesel engine and 2.0 litre VVTI engine in european countries so in singapore only available as 1.6 engine.

so anot using vvti engine? toyota selling their engine technology to kia liao meh? if really, better wait for kia cerato to come b4 make my final decision.

Neutral Newbie

so anot using vvti engine? toyota selling their engine technology to kia liao meh? if really, better wait for kia cerato to come b4 make my final decision.

No lah, VVTI technology already exist long time ago, just that nobody dare to give it a try first then Toyota give it a try.

If you say that Toyota selling their engine technology to Kia then you are also implying that Toyota also selling their engine technology to Mazda and Nissan? laugh.gif

Kia engine is based on Mazda engine just like Hyundai engine based on Mitsubishi so Kia VVTI engine is based on Mazda engine with VVTI technology by Kia, not directly taken from Mazda VVTI engine. bounce2.gif

no matter hw people tell me hw solid toyota's VVTI is...it can never change my perception that honda still produces the best NA engines in the world [;)]

Edited by Mondeost220

no matter hw people tell me hw solid toyota's VVTI is...it can never change my perception that honda still produces the best NA engines in the world [;)]

SPOT ON!

I petrsonally own a Corolla and I can tell the VVTi is not big deal!Plus teh exceptionally poor workmanship for a Toyota (Corolla at least), the Corolla is the worst car to buy!

Neutral Newbie

no matter hw people tell me hw solid toyota's VVTI is...it can never change my perception that honda still produces the best NA engines in the world wink.gif

SPOT ON!

I petrsonally own a Corolla and I can tell the VVTi is not big deal!Plus teh exceptionally poor workmanship for a Toyota (Corolla at least), the Corolla is the worst car to buy!

You must always remember that Japanese are very clever and selfish so they will reserve the best of all things for those car which are 2.0 litre and above so they will make those lower capacity at very low end.

As for the Koreans, they will give their best to every range of their cars! bounce2.gif

[bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

By the way, always wanted to say this... Your avartar so cuteeeeeee! [inlove]

haha cute hor? i saw it on the web then immediately i changed my avatar to this one [inlove][inlove]

at least u got millions of asset [laugh][laugh][laugh]

like the one he's holding ---> [whip][whip][whip]

taily taily ones.. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

no lar, no asset, got @ss only [laugh][lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement