Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?

Cheekg99

Corolla Altis Owner - Do you know you are buying a Thailand car ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1.

• No, I want my money back !!!
    • No, My agent didn't tell me !!!
    • No, I go for Toyota branding
    • Yes, I know I am buying a made-in-thai car

Neutral Newbie
Man your equation can be transplanted elsewhere

New equation:

Cheaper Korean car = Reliability + Durability of the car is lower!

See any diff? nod.gifnod.gif

I think it is wrong as the Korean are improving their QC though their cars are cheap unlike most Jap cars once their brand are well-known enough, even though their cars are made in Thailand or China, people will still confident to buy their products, this is the part where they can earn a lot while keeping their production cost low!

agree..toyota is a reputable company...even if they wan to reduce cost..they wld look into the quality control problem..no way wld they let this problem affects the sales and reliability of their cars...apparently i hope toyota had looked into the problems faced by vios and altis owners.. [:|]

yea, reputation must be there. but the quality of thai made toyota has definitely gone down [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

agree..toyota is a reputable company...even if they wan to reduce cost..they wld look into the quality control problem..no way wld they let this problem affects the sales and reliability of their cars...apparently i hope toyota had looked into the problems faced by vios and altis owners.. unimpressed.gif

yea, reputation must be there. but the quality of thai made toyota has definitely gone down sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

You are right! Reputation will always there cos Toyota already well-known across the world, even if some of the cars not good, people like Singaporean will still buy their cars or where they manufactured their cars like in south Africa, people will still blindly buy because of the brand.

For me, definitely I will not buy blindly, I will go for a Valued For Money car rather than go for brand! laugh.gif

A car whether it is good or not also depend on the owner or driver whether he/she got take care of it or not! thumbsup.gif

You are right! Reputation will always there cos Toyota already well-known across the world, even if some of the cars not good, people like Singaporean will still buy their cars or where they manufactured their cars like in south Africa, people will still blindly buy because of the brand.

For me, definitely I will not buy blindly, I will go for a Valued For Money car rather than go for brand! laugh.gif

A car whether it is good or not also depend on the owner or driver whether he/she got take care of it or not! thumbsup.gif

ya, value for money is the keyword [nod][nod][thumbsup]

that's why i chose a 2nd hand one instead of a new car, coz new cars come with low parf [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

i guess brands of car depends on own preference. First or 2nd hand cars depends on perception of cost ....

In Reply To

Man your equation can be transplanted elsewhere

New equation:

Cheaper Korean car = Reliability + Durability of the car is lower!

See any diff?

I think it is wrong as the Korean are improving their QC though their cars are cheap unlike most Jap cars once their brand are well-known enough, even though their cars are made in Thailand or China, people will still confident to buy their products, this is the part where they can earn a lot while keeping their production cost low!

Regards,

Benedict

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

KIA Owners, do visit Singapore Kia Club!

Website Address : http://www.sgkiaclub.com

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nothing in your post upstairs concerns reliability or durability. What I see are concerns about affordability and the amount of profit that BM make.

Please show me the connection.

i guess brands of car depends on own preference. First or 2nd hand cars depends on perception of cost ....

yes, it all bolts down to preference [nod][nod]

Neutral Newbie

Nothing in your post upstairs concerns reliability or durability. What I see are concerns about affordability and the amount of profit that BM make.

Please show me the connection. [/reply]

I think if you compare to the older generation of Toyota cars cos one of my friend still driving and going to scrap in a month's time. He bought the car and drive till now, no problems or anything break down before!

But now I can see a lot of Toyota cars break down here and there and just like my friend's case, new car already problematic, do you think the car will last up to 10 years?

They are expecting you to change car in 3 years time and this is what they did in Japan.

<<

For me, definitely I will not buy blindly, I will go for a Valued For Money car rather than go for brand!

A car whether it is good or not also depend on the owner or driver whether he/she got take care of it or not! >>>

Toyota, even though I don't like the brand is proven to be a reliable brand but boring (at least to me). If only they brought in thier performance cars [thumbsup]

Also Toyota is not only about reputation. Time and time again Toyota has won innumerable reliability awards. Satisfaction awards. And they do it consistently, again and again..

I'm waiting for the day Kia does the same, consistently. [:)][:)]

They are expecting you to change car in 3 years time and this is what they did in Japan.

Regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI Toyota sells its products all over the world. Only in Japan and to a smaller extent Spore does the population change cars every 3 yrs.

In other countries they use it up to 15 yrs. But Toyota still wins awards for durability and reliability.

Either that or you mean Toyota made one type of cars for us and another(very reliable type) for the rest of the world?

Neutral Newbie

Regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI Toyota sells its products all over the world. Only in Japan and to a smaller extent Spore does the population change cars every 3 yrs.

In other countries they use it up to 15 yrs. But Toyota still wins awards for durability and reliability.

Either that or you mean Toyota made one type of cars for us and another(very reliable type) for the rest of the world?

We shall see how well the Thailand Altis and Vios perform and last as the time goes by!

Neutral Newbie
<<

For me, definitely I will not buy blindly, I will go for a Valued For Money car rather than go for brand!

A car whether it is good or not also depend on the owner or driver whether he/she got take care of it or not! >>>

Toyota, even though I don't like the brand is proven to be a reliable brand but boring (at least to me). If only they brought in thier performance cars thumbsup.gif

Also Toyota is not only about reputation. Time and time again Toyota has won innumerable reliability awards. Satisfaction awards. And they do it consistently, again and again..

I'm waiting for the day Kia does the same, consistently. smile.gifsmile.gif

Ya, thanks for your support! I believe Kia will be the same as Toyota too but I can say that Kia has already done it very well though it is a new brand in passenger cars as it combined the best of all together and their cars are nicely designed.

Even the first batch of Kia cars like Sephia and Mentor, many have drive before or currently still driving though after 3 years, the car still quite good and less problematic.

keep it up! Kia Always! thumbsup.gif

maybe coz there are lesser KIA cars around..thus there is also a lesser possibility of KIA having problems?its like the population of KIA and toyota is like 1:10?or even mre..

Even the first batch of Kia cars like Sephia and Mentor, many have drive before or currently still driving though after 3 years, the car still quite good and less problematic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you know many 3 year old or more Kia owners?

So how about giving us a feedback of what they think? [:)]

Neutral Newbie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you know many 3 year old or more Kia owners?

So how about giving us a feedback of what they think? smile.gif

Of course, some members from my forum are either driving the Sephia or Mentor, most of them feedback the Kia cars serve them well for the past 3 years and now still no problem.

1 or 2 of them have changed from Sephia to Spectra or 1st batch of Carens to the latest Carens, some also upgraded from carens to carnival. Most of them still prefer the handling of Kia cars just like myself over Japanese cars!

You should give it a try to test drive a Kia if you can, the feeling is different from Japanese cars, probably when the new Spectra is out, you can go down to test drive it or you can test drive mine! Hee hee! bounce2.gif

↡ Advertisement