Rim weight of Protege Sport's 16 inch

Protege

Dear bros,

Anyone know the weight of the rim of the Protege Sports 16 inch? I am driving a Aug 03 model. So its based on the older rim. I understand the newer Protege Sports (Early 04 delivery) cars come with a different rim.

Looking forward to you guys information!!

↡ Advertisement

The rim is provided by Mazda Motors. So not sure which one. But I saw one at Stamford which looks close to my rim. I think the model is SWH-184. Anyone got any idea?

The rim is provided by Mazda Motors. So not sure which one. But I saw one at Stamford which looks close to my rim. I think the model is SWH-184. Anyone got any idea?

if i am not wrong, yeah... mazda get their rims... either for sports or classic protege from their next door neighbour, Stamford.

i got my 14' sports rims only during 1st svc....

after svc, they drove my car to their neighbour and let them fix up the rims.

i collected my ride at stamford... [laugh]

I heard from people that they buy rims from Stamford also. But at least Stamford is still reputable. Not some lousy roadside shop.

I heard from people that they buy rims from Stamford also. But at least Stamford is still reputable. Not some lousy roadside shop.

[thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
Dear bros,

Anyone know the weight of the rim of the Protege Sports 16 inch? I am driving a Aug 03 model. So its based on the older rim. I understand the newer Protege Sports (Early 04 delivery) cars come with a different rim.

Looking forward to you guys information!!

If I am not mistaken ... Moneyplant have commented that the rims are around 9-10 kg unimpressed.gif

Neutral Newbie
9-10kg sweatdrop.gif .

No wonder my car can't pickup too fast.

Thanks for the information bro!! thumbsup.gif

Bro ... since you suspect the tyres came from Stamford , best to go back to them and talk ... pretend you buying new rims and have no idea how much your wheel weights and see wat info they come up with for the weight of your wheels wink.gif

Neutral Newbie
9-10kg sweatdrop.gif .

No wonder my car can't pickup too fast.

Thanks for the information bro!! thumbsup.gif

Bro, if your car is registered in Aug03, then it must be the SSW-SWH184, it weighs approx. 8kg:

http://www.stamfordtyres.com/tpl/products_steel_ssw.html

Mine is the first batch of Protege Sports, it comes with the 10kg TSW-Apex:

products_steel_tsw.html

Why not turn up for meetup tonite so that we can discuss

I am on the SSW SW184. You are right!!

I tot the previous model before me is also on this model? Is only after Nov 03 that it became another one?

I am having BBQ at my colleague's place tonight. Cannot make it. Sorry. Maybe some other time. So bro, you driving the same car also?

Cheers!!

Neutral Newbie

Wah, BBQ ah? can Tah Pao bring some chicken wings to Bishan not, later at 11-12am also can.

Yes, I am still with my Protege Sports, although not the super ride but I am satisfied with its handling. Only drawback is the FC due to heavy rims.

See you some other time.

Yah, how should I insert images in my post ha?

Wah, still want Ta Pao? I still need to work tomorrow. Cannot stay too late. If not will faint ah!! Next week going KL for work some more.

Maybe meetup the following week when I am back.

I like the handling of the Protege Sports also. But feel like lowering but worry about affecting the comfort.

As for pictures, the dialog box which you post your stuff below has a dialog box which states UPLOAD ATTACHMENT. Just use that to upload your pictures. By the way, what colour is your car bro?

Cheers!!

Neutral Newbie
Good recommendation bro! Will do that. By the way, your new avatar looks cool!! thumbsup.gif

Yeah do that thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Oh the avatar ... kum sia kum sia inlove.gifinlove.gif

Neutral Newbie

Protege, yes, I see the dialog box this time, Just now I switched to Advance Editor so didn't see any dialog box for pic. attachment lah. Thx.

Mine is T.Grey. I post the pic. of rims gain.

post-7-1084529071_thumb.jpg

post-7-1084529072_thumb.jpg