How to clean fabric car seat

Owen_fan

Hi, need you help!

My fabric car seat was quite dusty. I have tried to use those normal car vacuum cleaner to vacuum the seat, but no use at all. Pls advise me how to clean the dust. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

if its only dust, then use the normal house vacuum cleaner...more powerful that the car ones......also depends whether u can get access to a powerpoint :P seen some people living in 1st & 2nd floor of HDB using long extention to their car parked nearby [thumbsup]

Me stay at 7th floor [:p] so if wanted to use the normal house vacuum cleaner, then the extention wire must be supper long lor [laugh].

Neutral Newbie
[laugh][laugh] then maybe u can try some petrol kiosks who have coin operated vacuum cleaners.....dunno if still got [:/]

Neutral Newbie

if you have one of those 'wet' vaccuum cleaners, then it'll help alot.

plain vaccuuming wun remove all the dust. Even if you do remove all the dust, it'll come back again in a few days.

best is to 'upgrade' to leather. No dusty problems. laugh.gif

Yes, am considering to change it to leather seat [;)] But because of $$$, so holding back for quite some time [sweatdrop] Do you know where to get a cheaper price for leather seat, not necessary full leather, 1/2 leather oso can [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

I've seen one upholstery shop along Thomson road.. just immediately after the SHELL petrol kiosk.. towards Novena church.

It's a small shop that can do upholstery of all kinds.. Seen a few cars there doing leather seat installations too.

Else I reckon the most cost effective is to go up north.. not sure which shop exactly, but maybe some of the members here can suggest and give u directions.

Turbocharged

last time i used a formy spray, it soaked the fabric and loosened the dust etc, then just used a wet cloth to wipe over the fabric, the result was quite impressive smile.gifsmile.gif

Turbocharged

i managed to find two cans in my cupboard just now:-

'Dri-Cleen' by SIMONIZ, and 'Carpet $ Upholstery Cleaner' by POLYGLAZE... if i remember correctly, some DIY stores are selling them... (i bought and used them a few years ago, quite effective!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif)

hi pal... my frd juz got his honda city (2nd gen) wrap in half leather.....

i see the workmanship not bad... he said its abt $300+.....

hi pal... my car seats are in fabric also.....

yeah... juz use the fabric foam cleaner...

spray the foam onto the fabric....

let the foam sink into it....

then use a cloth to wipe.....

not bad... got floral smell also......

i am using one which my frd give to me....

brand is Carpet Fresh,- No vaccuum Foam auto refresher....

not sure whether its available locally tho... juz share my info with u...

↡ Advertisement