Hi brothers, anyone has comments on KIA Cerato

Les1971

I think you are still not very updated on the latest developments in KIA. They have long overtaken Jap cars in design and interior quality. Before you give such outdated comments, you should go drive the latest Optima or Cerato. No way can Camry compare to Optima. Optima is miles ahead!! See for yourself! Open your eyes. Kia has the Power to surprise.

you are replying to a comment made in 2004?

↡ Advertisement

Try bring down to the esso station at Lavender. The workshop there should be able to help, if I am not mistaken they are using Hyundai parts, can use original hyundai ones as well. Clutch pump is quite a common item, should not be the case as you mention. I change one once a year ago, half day job.

The lavender esso workshop move to ubi already recently..

I think you are still not very updated on the latest developments in KIA. They have long overtaken Jap cars in design and interior quality. Before you give such outdated comments, you should go drive the latest Optima or Cerato. No way can Camry compare to Optima. Optima is miles ahead!! See for yourself! Open your eyes. Kia has the Power to surprise.

Bro,

I think you probably drive a Kia.

The biggest surprise and most updated is Toyota has overtaken GM and VW/Audi to be world no 1 again in 2012 after the Thai flood and Japan earthquake, despite chinese boycott.

Edited by Eng40765

When people commit to hire-purchasing a car, the price-quality aspect would be taken into account unless they buy based on other considerations.

My experience with KIA Forte the last two years have been positive. The feature and price are right there. Price vs quality influenced my decision.

Some comments (after two years of driving):

1. Solid body metal + good paintwork

2. Looks are modern

3. 4-disc brakes

4. No rattles and squeaks

5. Good sound system even for stock speakers - comes with tweeters too

6. ESP works - very reassuring when going round bends

7. Electro-chromatic mirror works well

8. Slightly below mpg

9. A little too wide for my carpark lot

10. Not able to put side bumper strips (looks ugly) so the car gets quite a few dents

11. Reverse sensor is sometimes overly sensitive

12. Wing mirror fov is insufficient for me especially when doing reverse parking

When people commit to hire-purchasing a car, the price-quality aspect would be taken into account unless they buy based on other considerations.

My experience with KIA Forte the last two years have been positive. The feature and price are right there. Price vs quality influenced my decision.

Some comments (after two years of driving):

1. Solid body metal + good paintwork

2. Looks are modern

3. 4-disc brakes

4. No rattles and squeaks

5. Good sound system even for stock speakers - comes with tweeters too

6. ESP works - very reassuring when going round bends

7. Electro-chromatic mirror works well

8. Slightly below mpg

9. A little too wide for my carpark lot

10. Not able to put side bumper strips (looks ugly) so the car gets quite a few dents

11. Reverse sensor is sometimes overly sensitive

12. Wing mirror fov is insufficient for me especially when doing reverse parking

Korean cars are very well built today but they lack the rich automotive and racing heritage of Japanese counterparts. On the other hand Korean is moving to Dual clutch, 8-speed gear boxes, tubocharging....

It is a endless discussion but have to agree that Korean cars are moving ahead....no longer the days of the Hyundai accent and Cerato.....

Korean cars are very well built today but they lack the rich automotive and racing heritage of Japanese counterparts. On the other hand Korean is moving to Dual clutch, 8-speed gear boxes, tubocharging....

It is a endless discussion but have to agree that Korean cars are moving ahead....no longer the days of the Hyundai accent and Cerato.....

Heritage - no doubt about it. If these racing techologies come to our Japanese cars, we will benefit from it. Having said, that, it is the price band that influences what goes into the car. I BB Jap and performance Jap would have different equipment levels and it will affect buying decisions.

I decided on a 1.6 car because it was more 'worth' compared to the 2.0 version because the additional stuffs beside the engine does not justify the 2.0.

When it comes to resale, the Korean cars are getting better. I see a more reasonable depreciation slope for these cars nowadays.

Was travelling along CTE towards town when noticed a K5 ( after the 1st batch launched )

Bro,

I think you probably drive a Kia.

The biggest surprise and most updated is Toyota has overtaken GM and VW/Audi to be world no 1 again in 2012 after the Thai flood and Japan earthquake, despite chinese boycott.

I have actually had the luxury of driving both a Toyota as well as a Kia.

I fell in love with the Toyota immediately upon my second day of driving (first day was to get used to the car).

For Kia, my wife loves it and it's a very smooth and stable ride.

Well, considering the differences, if drivers can't get a Toyota (could be budgeting reasons), a Kia would be the next best thing

I have actually had the luxury of driving both a Toyota as well as a Kia.

I fell in love with the Toyota immediately upon my second day of driving (first day was to get used to the car).

For Kia, my wife loves it and it's a very smooth and stable ride.

Well, considering the differences, if drivers can't get a Toyota (could be budgeting reasons), a Kia would be the next best thing

Which toyota and kia car model are you refering? [:/]

Anyway, there is an article in today newspaper on the all new kia forte k3 which will launch here in 2nd half of this year. Looks like the review on this new forte not bad, but i find the design not as nice as the current cerato forte. I still like the current forte design. [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177

haaa bro you very the funny leh... where got ppl reply a post dated 2004 !!!

"See for yourself! Open your eyes. YOU has the Power to surprise" everyone here in this forum...

your Optima and even cerato forte all havent born yet leh...

Cheers

Which toyota and kia car model are you refering? [:/]

Anyway, there is an article in today newspaper on the all new kia forte k3 which will launch here in 2nd half of this year. Looks like the review on this new forte not bad, but i find the design not as nice as the current cerato forte. I still like the current forte design. [rolleyes]

The common one for Toyota is definitely Vios (but to be frank, it's a bit "beng-ish") :wacko:

For KIA, it's a Cerato.

I chose the Cerato over the Rio because...once I went to test a Kia Rio.

The accelerator was floored and yet the car wasn't moving.

And the shocking thing is...it was serviced fully by KIA Cycle and Carriage (but maybe it was serviced back in 2006, year of manufacture?) [laugh]

After a change of wheels, yup Kia Cerato is working for me ^_^

The common one for Toyota is definitely Vios (but to be frank, it's a bit "beng-ish") :wacko:

For KIA, it's a Cerato.

I chose the Cerato over the Rio because...once I went to test a Kia Rio.

The accelerator was floored and yet the car wasn't moving.

And the shocking thing is...it was serviced fully by KIA Cycle and Carriage (but maybe it was serviced back in 2006, year of manufacture?) [laugh]

After a change of wheels, yup Kia Cerato is working for me ^_^

Back then cerato should be better than rio. ^_^

hi, i would like to know does any Kia Cerato Forte owner experience this issue;

i am having problem with my keyless entry, now i am not able to open the driver door by simplily pressing on the driver side button on the door hander.

the remote is with me. currently i had to key on the remote to unlock.

read the car manual, not stated there. confirm is not due to the remote control battery low. the spare remote also same problem, what can i do to use back the keyless entry.

thanks

I am driving a 2008 manual KIA Cerato Variant 2. Drove for 7 years, no problem with regular servicing.Then problems come one after another, aircon leaks, aircon compressor ceased, shock absorbers sluggish, engine valve gasket minor leaks, radiator tank top leaks, brake switch faulty, door sensor faulty, etc. Lesson learnt for me, never to hold on to the same car for more than 5 years, my 2 previous rides about there.

• Praise 1

I am driving a 2008 manual KIA Cerato Variant 2. Drove for 7 years, no problem with regular servicing.Then problems come one after another, aircon leaks, aircon compressor ceased, shock absorbers sluggish, engine valve gasket minor leaks, radiator tank top leaks, brake switch faulty, door sensor faulty, etc. Lesson learnt for me, never to hold on to the same car for more than 5 years, my 2 previous rides about there.

Well that's where car maintenance comes into play... parts have to be replaced... if you are loaded then sure don't hold onto your cars for more than 5 years... or better still change after the third year...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1