Hi brothers, anyone has comments on KIA Cerato

Les1971

Hi,i am wondering is anybody receiving new cerato 2019 with defective found?

I collected my new car but noted there is uneven gap on the front bonnet (one side gap is bigger than another side), further the small cap cover at the front bumper also cannot fit tightly. Thanks.

can be adjust.

the round black rubber act as stopper under the bonnet can be turn. you need to be deleicate to achieve the optimal gap. there are 4 to 5 such black stoppers.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

can be adjust.

the round black rubber act as stopper under the bonnet can be turn. you need to be deleicate to achieve the optimal gap. there are 4 to 5 such black stoppers.

Thanks Kopites.

But the gap is on the both side (maybe i should make it clear at the first time). So does it mean it can be adjust thru stopper?

I further noticed the both side door also have uneven gap.

The sad things is this is new car and shouldn't expect this type of defects.

KIA only react according to lemon law, checked and confirmed no further compensation offer. I am paying same car price as other owners who do not have such issue and i only can admit the bad luck.

Now have to schedule time to send in car to repair. Its so annoying...this is how their after sales service...speechless.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks Kopites.

But the gap is on the both side (maybe i should make it clear at the first time). So does it mean it can be adjust thru stopper?

I further noticed the both side door also have uneven gap.

The sad things is this is new car and shouldn't expect this type of defects.

KIA only react according to lemon law, checked and confirmed no further compensation offer. I am paying same car price as other owners who do not have such issue and i only can admit the bad luck.

Now have to schedule time to send in car to repair. Its so annoying...this is how their after sales service...speechless.

gap on both sides of the bonnet is the norm as long as it is of the same height.

The gap can be adjust by loosening (elevate as to make the gap bigger) or tighten(reduce the gap size) the black rubber stopper.

door with uneven gap probably due to the rubber insulation on the door frame? check the rubber insulation are they of the same thickness and diameter.

Above not manufacturer defect so nothat under lemon law.

Edited by Kopites

(edited)

in order to have peace of mind I advise you to park next to a car of same brand and model. compare the door gap and bonnet gap. discreetly take picture...and show it the kia workshop during servicing.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

in order to have peace of mind I advise you to park next to a car of same brand and model. compare the door gap and bonnet gap. discreetly take picture...and show it the kia workshop during servicing.

Thanks again Kopites.

I have checked with KIA during the first servicing and i also compared to the same model of my car (is really an issue). KIA admitted all these issues does exist and the gap is apparently bigger than normal norms and asked to send in car.

I further enquired is there any compensation which caused car owner inconvenient and the defection, person-in-charge said nothing KIA can do except the adjustment.

I really feel not worth in paying such a huge amount in buying lousy quality vehicle. It is really annoying and angry when driving my car each time and i have to suffer until all the defects work rectifcation done.

No one can guarantee whether the gap and other issues can be adjusted back to what it suppose to be (i understand no 100%), lets see how it goes.

Anyway, thanks again.

(edited)

want to take a picture show us the gap? I am curious how big is the gap that kia cant fix it for you immediatEly. do

mask your registration nos.

Edited by Kopites

Neutral Newbie

want to take a picture show us the gap? I am curious how big is the gap that kia cant fix it for you immediatEly. do

mask your registration nos.

Here you go.

post-308892-0-61858300-1557732149_thumb.jpg

post-308892-0-56998100-1557732223_thumb.jpg

post-308892-0-87620800-1557732216_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

This is workmanship issue,

i doubt they can do much about it.....

I have no choice.

According to KIA, they will try to fix it and make it as closure as they can.

What can i do except accepting the bad luck? Haiz...

Here you go.

Sorry your new car seems like a Tesla and did not come as per expectation. If everything fits and there is no functional defect maybe you can just let this slide. It is more likely other issues will spring out with more adjustment or touches made. Just check if it is able to close and lock properly. If this is not compromised then it should still be OK. 

I have no choice.

According to KIA, they will try to fix it and make it as closure as they can.

What can i do except accepting the bad luck? Haiz...

actually no worry about it.

those panel beating and spray paint workshop should be able to help

maybe tighten the screw, push in and squeeze in some transparent silicon can already .

(i only doubt the capability of the AD guys, cos they might not be pro in these area.)

• Praise 1

(edited)
1st photo is it the round petrol tank cover? Inner side there are screws where you can align the cover to the centre. gap will still be there but at least the cover is in the centre.

bonnet you can try the rubber stopper see whether you can reduce the gap abit.

door gap I can only think of those diy door frame insulator (rubber). might not work.

some Bros mention workshop mechanic.

hmm probably you might need to look for those workshop that provide panel beating. Get their expertise to adjust/align those gap. they deal with accident repair probably know better which bolt/nut can effect the gap.

Your colour is white so it contrast makes the gap look big.

all the above suggestion..shelf it for a month or so.

After one month see those gap still bothering you.

Edited by Kopites

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro, May I know the condition of Kia cerato 09, is it worth to further renew the COE and drive? Anyone have any experience for cerato car after 10yrs

Hi Bro, May I know the condition of Kia cerato 09, is it worth to further renew the COE and drive? Anyone have any experience for cerato car after 10yrs

Believe it depends very much on the mileage as well as past maintenance record. Not one size fits all for such matter.

Turbocharged

Hi Bro, May I know the condition of Kia cerato '09, is it worth to further renew the COE and drive? Anyone have any experience for cerato car after 10yrs

Definitely reliable. The same decade old  engine is still used in the latest 2019 Kia Cerato.  No worries about spare parts.

Have any bros hit mileage of aleast 200,000km for the 2009 model? What do they faced along the way? Thanks

Definitely reliable. The same decade old  engine is still used in the latest 2019 Kia Cerato.  No worries about spare parts.

To be fair, we need those users to compare the mileage. That will be more accurate to know the reliability.

My opinion is to get either Toyota Wish or Honda Stream with 10 years COE renewal for 40+K. 

Value for money, low depre and easy to get parts. Cheap parts and servicing in JB too

I have just test drive the Cerato 2019 1.6 SX. I was surprised that handling of turning and accelerate were better than it's predecessors. Though they are still using the predecessor engine. What was mentioned, they lighten the excess weight and re-tuning the engine. I believe KIA may have strikes a balance after some complains from the predecessors users. In fact , I had also tested the Altis 1.6 on the same day. 2019 Cerato SX, is definitely better in handling rows, and stability.

Exclude the state of the art bells and whistles, the sound proofing was good for normal driving. Accept when I rev the engine to 4000rpm, I can hear the engine noise. They have also changed to chain timing since the last 2 models. Which you do not have the timing belt replacement cost. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1