BMW 1-Series Road Test by Autocar UK

Silverarrow

Neutral Newbie

The 1-Series is supposed to be BMW's new volume seller, to take on Audi's A3 and VW's Golf. But please bear in mind that the 1-Series still has a pretty high price tag coupled with extremely limited space for rear passengers.

Given the fact that the 1-Series' biggest selling point is its driving dynamics, how well it will sell in the USA remains a question mark, since Americans generally favour ride comfort and practicality over sharp handling.

Don't forget the new Astra Turbo also..and the Megane RS .slurp!! I think they are all overpriced..esp VW .Be it golf or passat..etc..

[thumbsup] saw one at Terminal 2 carpark..warao..stood there for a while jus admiring it.....mannn.....and the quad exhuasts.....droolllll

Neutral Newbie

haha try going PML. I had my car serviced there on friday. Saw a ferrari 360 modena, 2 M3s, E60 520, 530s, oh man ... I wouldn't mind working there as a door man. haha [laugh]

The 1-Series is supposed to be BMW's new volume seller, to take on Audi's A3 and VW's Golf. But please bear in mind that the 1-Series still has a pretty high price tag coupled with extremely limited space for rear passengers.

Given the fact that the 1-Series' biggest selling point is its driving dynamics, how well it will sell in the USA remains a question mark, since Americans generally favour ride comfort and practicality over sharp handling.

I would prefer the 5-series anytime when i'm in US. But here fore s'poreans the 1-series is def more tempting.. [sly]

The last time I checked with PML, they said they weren't considering bringing in the 1 series because it is too close to the 318 in price. That was 2 months back.

Neutral Newbie
The last time I checked with PML, they said they weren't considering bringing in the 1 series because it is too close to the 318 in price. That was 2 months back.

So much for BMW's plans to market a model to compete against Audi's A3 and MB's A-Class.

I hope PML isn't cooking up some excuse to cover up their reluctance to sell a model with controversial looks. Appearance and practicality issues aside, a competitively-priced 1-Series may still sell well simply due to its badge alone, which will appeal to many image-conscious car buyers.