VW Beetle Hardtop Convertible

Silverarrow

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Perhaps the most technologically advanced convertible in the world.

Click here to view the animation of the transformation sequence. File is approximately 1.5 MB is size.

Alternatively, if you have broadband, click here to view the version with DVD-quality sound. Warning: BIG FILE, approximately 4.7 MB. But well worth it.

On the downside, the car will probably cost more than a Mercedes-Benz SL convertible.

Edited by Silverarrow
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Brudder, where is the website? You eat it up? [laugh]

Oops, sorry pal. I forgot that the "click here" clickable text in the first post may not be highlighted properly on some versions of the Internet Explorer browser.

Anyway, just hit the following:

http://home.comcast.net/~themichaelsmith/VWMPG.mpg (1.5 MB)

http://home.comcast.net/~themichaelsmith/VWHiRes.mpg (4.7 MB)

BeetleConvertible.jpg

Edited by Silverarrow

Neutral Newbie

But car like that got problem with interior space. Installing ICE may also be difficult.

Oh well, at least the owner need not worry about vandalism or being carjacked in JB.

Neutral Newbie
"Bumblebee's brother"?? shocked.gif

Whoa... you sure know your Transformers!

Yeah, Bumblebee's brother with a bigger gun and better look. Bumblebee's a classic old beetle.

Neutral Newbie

wah liao... wats this mann...transformer???

can own one anot?? den nex time those stupi* taxiz drivers wanna be funny or i meet road bullies i can juz press one button, transform and kick their a*s! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

DarkLord, you are truly "more than meets the eye."

Anyway, I think that white beetle Autobot in the movie file looks more like Jazz:

80674_imagea400.jpg

Neutral Newbie
wah liao... wats this mann...transformer???

can own one anot?? den nex time those stupi* taxiz drivers wanna be funny or i meet road bullies i can juz press one button, transform and kick their a*s! [laugh]

Can own also no use -- FC will kill your bank account. That thing is so heavy, the ground shake like nobody's business when the fella walk (see 2nd movie file). [shakehead]

On the other hand, even big big lorry dare not bully you on the road. [nod]

Neutral Newbie
Isn't that a Porsche 935 Martini? [thumbsup]

Yup. Jazz is a Porsche 935 Martini.

And in robot form, the car's front end forms the robot's chest, and the car's arse forms the robot's heel, like that white bug above.

Bumblebee's head is too big, and the car's front and bonnet forms the robot's feet. Too dissimilar to the white bug above.

I think the studio people modelled the white bug after Jazz for the cool factor.