VW Beetle Hardtop Convertible

Silverarrow

Neutral Newbie

No really that deep into Transformers. [laugh] Had the Multiverse book and saw the movie which I thought was pretty cool.

If I had more time, I'd dive into Gundam. Those Jap dudes really did their homework with design integrity in their transformations.

↡ Advertisement

If I had more time, I'd dive into Gundam. Those Jap dudes really did their homework with design integrity in their transformations.

Well, most of them anyway. I remember seeing an old Jap cartoon when I was young, on RTM and dubbed in Malay. When the robot transformed into a jet, you couldn't tell where the wings sprouted from, it was physically impossible! [laugh]

Silverarrow was referring to the movie clip mentioned in this thread: Anyway, I think that white beetle Autobot in the movie file looks more like Jazz

And how the transformation was more akin to Jazz than Bumblebee (both from Transformers)

Neutral Newbie
Well, most of them anyway. I remember seeing an old Jap cartoon when I was young, on RTM and dubbed in Malay. When the robot transformed into a jet, you couldn't tell where the wings sprouted from, it was physically impossible! [laugh]

[laugh]

Dunno if you're referring to Machine Blaster. Used to be quite cool, although looking back now, they had some of the most lame-assed transformation sequences around.

Yeah, I was also brought up on a steady diet of RTM's cartoons and other features dubbed in Malay. Who can forget Ultraman? Hayata pulls out his dildo and becomes a giant dude wrapped in condom rubber!

Neutral Newbie
I don't think it's a beetle lehz!

Yup. Jazz ain't no Beetle.

But that white Beetle in the video clip looks like a dead ringer for Jazz in robot form. Just look at the way he rises in transformation, the front fender on the torso, and the way the car doors opened to form wings.

I just wish they completed the other clip on Optimus Prime. Promised to be even better before they ran out of resources.

Isit? That's really too bad! I wonder why they don't revive the series manz.. Would be very popular with kids and adults like us! My favourite Autobots would include the Dinobots as well. Too bad they cannot merge but I did remember that there was one episode which they did but after that no more... frown.gif

Dunno if you're referring to Machine Blaster. Used to be quite cool, although looking back now, they had some of the most lame-assed transformation sequences around.

Yeah, I was also brought up on a steady diet of RTM's cartoons and other features dubbed in Malay. Who can forget Ultraman? Hayata pulls out his dildo and becomes a giant dude wrapped in condom rubber!

Oh, I never knew what it was called in English, just that they used the very same transformation frames every time, same view angles and background and all (eh, isn't the robot supposed to be in space? Why are there trees???)

As for Ultraman, I don't think that condom was very effective, do you see how large his family is?? [shocked]

Neutral Newbie
Isit? That's really too bad! I wonder why they don't revive the series manz.. Would be very popular with kids and adults like us! My favourite Autobots would include the Dinobots as well. Too bad they cannot merge but I did remember that there was one episode which they did but after that no more... frown.gif

Uhh... I thought they did revive it, in the form of the CGI Transformers Beastmasters. But I still preferred the old Generation I series.

What those guys at Marvel should do is to make a movie out of it. Shouldn't be too hard. After all, a couple of amateur hacks did quite a good animation sequence as shown in the video clips in my earlier posts. And Marvel has a good fan base to start with. In the end, they can also generate some profits from merchandise sales.

Err... Dinobots got merge meh?

Neutral Newbie
Oh, I never knew what it was called in English, just that they used the very same transformation frames every time, same view angles and background and all (eh, isn't the robot supposed to be in space? Why are there trees???)

Sounds like you're referring to Voltron. But there are lots of these cheapo recycling tricks used by these cheapo cartoon producers. Another cost-cutting measure is to use still images and then pan from left to right or vice versa.

As for Ultraman, I don't think that condom was very effective, do you see how large his family is?? [shocked]

Yah man... talk about breeding like rabbits. Problem is, that rubber suit is not fully sealed. Even when I was a kid, I kinda noticed that Ultraman's "fin" that runs from his head all the way down his spine was actually a zipper!

The Beast Wars was a let down sia! I still prefer 2D cartoons and not the 3Ds one! 3D animations make cartoons seem very serious lehz!

They did once and they totally whack the Decepticons in that episode!! Awesome sia! But that was the first and the last time they merged! I think that episode got a device that enables the robots to merge when activated, that's why the Dinobots were able to merge! But then again, they were already that strong without merging! One thing bad about the Dinobots was their IQs! laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

The following might interest you. Great if it proves to be true.

Link: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/532/5327....html?fromint=1

The Transformers Come Home!

Studio confirmed and more!

July 22, 2004 - IGN FilmForce has learned that the live-action feature film version of The Transformers will indeed be a DreamWorks project, which confirms rumors that appeared online earlier this week. DreamWorks Pictures has inked a deal with toy king Hasbro to make The Transformers; Paramount Pictures will handle the foreign rights. Also confirming earlier Web buzz, DreamWorks honcho Steven Spielberg did indeed use his personal relationship with Hasbro founder Alan Hassenfeld to bring The Transformers over to DreamWorks.

Even better, Hasbro and DreamWorks have agreed to get Transformers going very quickly, with a 2006 release date already set!

Furthermore, G.I. Joe producer Lorenzo DiBonaventura may become involved with the project in some capacity on behalf of Paramount. Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto are already onboard to produce Transformers. Expect the trades to confirm this report sometime very soon.

IGN FilmForce has been able to sneak a peek at a press release which includes quotes from producers DeSanto and Murphy. "Like X-Men, Transformers offers an amazing mythology with all the elements to create a successful ongoing franchise, iconic characters, global themes, and a world that has never been seen before on screen," said DeSanto. "We hope that this will be the first in a franchise that is embraced by fans and newcomers alike."

"If you go to places which are the pop culture zeitgeist center, places like this week's San Diego Comic-Con, you won't find many that engender as much enthusiasm as Transformers," said Murphy. "I have a message board on my site where most of my projects have several hundred postings from fans

I hope that they would reproduce the Transformer series but not the 3D version like "beast wars"!! shakehead.gif I walked past a video shop today and saw the whole collection of the transformer series!! Actually wanted to buy but I have to wait for my pay check first as it's not cheap sia! sweatdrop.gif

↡ Advertisement