Official new BMW 3 Series pics!

Jgoh

Neutral Newbie

Here are some leaked official BMW 3 Series E90 photos that will be used in their European brochures. Have not seen any press release or official write-ups, yet... Enjoy! smile.gif

post-3-1091959659_thumb.jpg

post-3-1091959660_thumb.jpg

post-3-1091959661_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jgoh
↡ Advertisement

Um.... um... I dunno [:|]

The new Bee-Ems look too bottom-heavy for my liking, and they seem to have lost that sense of effortless elegance about them. Chances are, it looks great from certain angles, and really odd from most others, just like the Five.

Edited by Seansene

"... it looks great from certain angles, .."

Save for the butt..shocked.gif

But for the 5...yeahthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifI am really liking it now...just wait for the gremlins to be eased out sly.gif

A very safe design overall, with the front of a Mazda3 and the butt of a Proton Waja. Certainly better looking than the odd 1-Series. Also, it's a good thing BMW decided to ditch flame surfacing from their best volume seller.

Neutral Newbie

At least looks better than the bloody 5 series!!! That day I saw this new 6 series, wow saliva drip non stop. Ard serangoon gardens area...

Neutral Newbie

the E60 5 series is a beauty leh ... 6 series is good too but americans dislike it coz its less powerful but yet more expensive then the M3. For singapore its the other way round, less powerful, cheaper.

Think I'll stick to E46 if the E90 3 series choose to keep to the designs.

Think I'll stick to E46 if the E90 3 series choose to keep to the designs.

If that is so, it looks like you'll have to keep your current E46 for quite a while more. The only thing that will force a redesign is poor sales (see current "taxi butt" 7-Series). But it's unlikely that the new 3-Series will flop sales-wise, since it is BMW's biggest volume seller.

It looks like Bangle's still clueless about what makes a good design. Bold ones like the 7-Series have been slammed left and right by many, while the more conservative ones like the up-and-coming 3-Series still failed to garner favourable responses.

Come to think of it, the E46 may just go up in value, since it's the last one left not to be Bangled up.

Actually the E90 doesn't look too radical except for the slash on the flanks.

Either way, BMW is one of the rare manufacturers that still make affordable super cars. I don't care what the E90 will eventually look, at this point in time I'm looking forward to the M3/M4 with 4.0L high rev V8 producing 400bhp in 3 years' time.

Bangle is the Head of Design but he works under the direction of the BMW Board. It is they who wanted Bangle to have radical designs to help launch BMW into the future. Also, the cars are not penned by Bangle but by his team of designers. The designer of the E60 5 series died of leukaemia a year or so ago. I think Bangle sux with the 7, better with the 5 but Z4 is quite the looker.

Edited by Tanzy

I like it. Looks meaty & solid. Colour is good too. Gunmetal grey?

Interior..HHmmmmm... Looks dated.

When can I place my order?

Hahaha.. Just joking.

But seriously. If I had the money to throw, I would seriously consider getting it. Like it more than the present 3 series.

Neutral Newbie

Honestly guys...

I have nothing nice to say about this beast. What's with the freaky foglights? What's with the dent-line on the sides? What's with this new styling at the butt? [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

I like the older BMWs... Bring them back!!!! [bigcry]