Turbo charging of normally aspirated cars

Wildswan

Neutral Newbie

anyone has experience in the addition of low pressure turbo charger to cars that do not have turbo charging? does adding a turbo, even running in low boost, damage the engine and its associated systems?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Basically yes ...

The last time I saw a Lancer being upped for turbocharging - the whole engine manifold gave way ...

You can see the ground just by looking into the cylinders.

ps : if you are thinking of turbocharging, think about its consequences to your engine and the law. best to just get a turbo car in the first place if you are into turbos.

Usually not advised unless there's a fool-proof turbo or supercharger kit that is built for your car from a reputed aftermarket company. Doing turbocharging from the ground up is more science than just sweat. [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Glad to hear from you Turboman ...

Hows the truck going ... turbo-ed yet ...

Hows school going .... your brains turbo-ed yet ...

Hey boobsy! How ya doing?

Waiting eagerly to get insurance approved for my Taurus Wagon [nod]

Brain over-revved without changing gear.....now must rebuild and put in close ratio shifter [crazy]

Neutral Newbie

I am fine thank you ...

Ford Taurus eh ... good for ya ... [thumbsup]

Be careful with the brain though ... over-revving will cause severe damage especially when you hit the REV Limiter .... [laugh][laugh]

Basically yes ...

The last time I saw a Lancer being upped for turbocharging - the whole engine manifold gave way ...

You can see the ground just by looking into the cylinders.

ps : if you are thinking of turbocharging, think about its consequences to your engine and the law. best to just get a turbo car in the first place if you are into turbos.

---------------------------

Agreed,

Turbo engine material are of different strength from NA engine. Externally the engine they look the same but the metallurgy is different.

You will not know the damage until it is too late.

now....if only that was the car you are actually driving....... that'll be cool [cool]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

cheers man....and enjoy the cheap booz, petrol and cars over in the US of A! [thumbsup]

top view of a VIPER GTS with hood opened slightly [pirate]

How're you doing?.........i guess in no time you'll be using words like trunk, tires, etc etc... if you ever come back, think MCF will not only give you a home-coming party.... we will definitely put you in washing machine to clean your vocab thoroughly.....heheheh [laugh][laugh]

cheers