Recommendation of tyre shine

Hybridprojek

I highly recommend Meguair's Endurance tire polisher. It seems like the grape-flavoured bubble gum I liked so much but since SG banned it, can only taste it overseas.

I think the shine can last at least one week to two weeks. I am still using it currently and my tires look brand new! [nod]

Neutral Newbie

the only problem is it splatter onto the carbody...

I find eagle1 's liquid shine equally good, less of the splattering problem since it's clear in color.

Splatter? I dun think I got this problem. I squeeze a bit (about 2-3 cm) onto my sponge and use it for half a tire. The smell reminds me of the bubble gum and I was rather tempted to taste it but stopped just in time.

Never tried Eagle 1 but it might be good too.

Neutral Newbie

I am using the Meguire as well... must say, that the chewing gum smell makes you feel like putting some to chew..... [laugh] reminds me of the good old days..

i have heard abt pp having problems with the splattering... i guess... dun apply when you know its gonna rain...... after wiping it onto the tyre... it will take a while to mature nicely and should be fine... but if you freshly apply and run over water... you may get the splatter problem... [:p]

Also, there are 2 kinds for meguire...get the one which does not gloss......

eagle one, not tried.. prob good, if a bro here as used and recommend.... [thumbsup]

Hi.

Anybody can recommend me which brand can last longer for tyre shine?

I'll go for Meguair's endurance. It is more lasting and [thumbsup]....

It lasted longer than these spray-on type.

I'm using my 5th bottle now.

Just for your info. I used my meguair to clean my engine bay too......

I helped Spaceman to get the meguair. and he love the product... [inlove]

Caractereman,

You might have over-applied. I never have this problem..

What you should do is. if you overapplied, just use a damp cloth to wipe it...

Neutral Newbie

yap, thanx again to our bro gadgeter! the smell is a plus thing also, makes my boot smell so good! btw, i've got this splattering problem also, maybe i had over applied but i thot i was very ngeow with the gel leh... maybe it's the rain, not too sure, but i like the product! [thumbsup]

I have tried so many kind of tyre shine and I found that Meguair is still the best....both the endurance and high gloss. Both also very lasting...

Trick is not to over apply and best leave it to dry before moving off.

I always wash my car in the nite time and before I shift my car from the washing bay to parking lot, I will not apply. I will wait until I park then I apply and leave it over nite to dry. Once its dry, it really stays on for weeks as claim.

Tried the Eagle F1 once...not so lasting...you should try the Merguair....use sparring. Application on a wet tyre makes it easier to glide the product around...but make sure its dry before moving off.

I highly recommend Meguair's Endurance tire polisher. It seems like the grape-flavoured bubble gum I liked so much but since SG banned it, can only taste it overseas.

I think the shine can last at least one week to two weeks. I am still using it currently and my tires look brand new! nod.gif

Banned? I dun think so. I got mine at the DIY shop in IMM. I am loyal to it. thumbsup.gif

If I remember correctly....17 bucks for 1 bottle.

You got lobang for cheaper deal ?? It may sounds expensive...but 1 bottle goes a long long way......my previous bottle share among 5 cars lasted for 1 year plus !! Application is around monthly.....

Neutral Newbie

Agreed with you totally. Meguair's provides lasting shine for tyres. Also doing the same as you. Apply only when parked. Leave overnight. should not have problem with splashing.

Try to use a sponge to apply, will definitely help to wipe up excesses.

If I remember correctly....17 bucks for 1 bottle.

Ghost,

17 for 1 bottle.... [sweatdrop]. [sweatdrop]

I used it for 2 cars and it last me around 3-4 months only..... hee hee.. I here apply, there apply.... [laugh]

Drop me a PM on your contact...

If I tell you my price.... you jaw will be [crazy] ........ [thumbsup]

Heard you can get it @ Carrefor for $14.95... and my price... is lower than them

Edited by Gadgeter