KUMHO KH11

Bigfatbear

Neutral Newbie

Go for it. I am using my second set of KH-11 now on my Airtrek T. They are not as grippy as compared to the 712's I am told, but they hold their own for sure.

In any case, they are great tires at low low prices. Superb grip in both dry and wet. $ for $, I can get about 2 sets of KH-11 for the price of 1 set of tires from other manufacturers, and I am literally doing just that.

The beauty of it is that I will always have better tread depth and newer tires on my car... always... as I can now dump my old tires at 20K km each time for another set of the KH-11's and still be paying less than the Jap brands which I need to really keep using till they are totally bald... Grip? I think we can forget about it, right?

FYI... Just did NS hwy at 150 through rain in my KH-11's with 12000 km on them. Not a twitch at all!

Do note that you need to ensure that you have your car aligned properly as well for best handling and proper tire pressure... but that is another story. Kekeke.

Cheers [:)]

Neutral Newbie

hiya but wat abt noise level??

I am on 712... oooo noise level is unbearable.... [thumbsdown] but the grip is damn gd... i can always confidently jiak the corners where every other car slows down. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I have learnt that one cannot have best of both worlds as it does not exist. [laugh]

The KH-11's are relatively quiet until they hit about 15K km... at least on my last set, this was the case. The current set of tires has less than 15K km on them, so OK still.

Again... I have noticed that the noise level depends on the type of road surface you are rolling over. No tires I have tried liked concrete-biased roads like the stretch just after Johor before Ayer Keroh in Melaka state. The KH-11 is no different. Ooooh... do they make noise on that stretch of hwy!!

Ask any 712 users, and they will tell you the same thing you have just said about the tires... in fact, I have heard that many bro's who frequent PG track like to use the 712. I have also heard that they do really well at Sepang too. I can only tell you about how the KH-11's do on the NS hwy, both in dry and wet conditions. kekeke

Cheers

[dead] looking to buy 235/50/17, heard alot of tyre shops do not recommend fitting Kumhos on 17" bcos of noise level and tyres crack easier compared to other brands, any comments [:)]

Kumho can be noisy, and it really depends on your own 'expectation'...

Frankly, I didn't mind Kumho (195/50/15).... because it was still within my level of tolerance..

Kumho 712 have soft side wall as compare to, eg. Falken which have hard side wall nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif So what I do is to pump extra 2 to 3 PSI to the 712 thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

[blush] i dont know, just read from previous postings that they are performance tyres so very noisy.

but i know one thing my fren's 17" ES100s really noisy thouh suppose to be comfort based performance tyres.