BMW 318i

Marcz

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, thinking of getting a near to a year old 318i for about $120k, need some advice whether to go for it or wait for the new 3 series to come out [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

how much is a new 318 going for? the new 3 may not be out so soon right?

what's your criteria on choosing the 318? maybe that will help others give you advise...

Neutral Newbie

i think new one is about 140-150k depends.. the new 3 2005/2006 coming out i think, when it does i'm pretty sure the price for the current models will dive down..

Edited by Marcz

was 144k at the start of the yr when they were trying to hunt down C&C merc for the number of sales. dunno if still same price. but shldnt differ too much.

i feel the current 3 series is beginning to look dated liao.

Edited by Lala81

Neutral Newbie

they are having some event right now right? wow... a 318 costs more than a S40 T5 and close to an Alfa GT? sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif .. you are a beemer fan eh? wink.gif

you are currently driving? depends on how urgent you need a car actually... kinda hard to advise on this when we are not sure how soon the new 3 will arrive. I believe only the spy shots are seen? means not in production yet.. could be a long wait.. sweatdrop.gif

as you said, the price will dip when you clear stock... question is when?

Edited by Mojoe

Neutral Newbie

with your budget, you should wink.gif

ahhhh... the 147... beautiful... i still remember the test-drive in a 2.0 Selespeed.. inlove.gifinlove.gif

not particularly a beemer fan, so i would go for a S40 or AR147 or the new AR156 JTS over it for a fresher look on the road sweatdrop.giftongue.gif ... oh and keep the change for mods sly.gifsly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

Neutral Newbie

the 147 2.0 was on [bounce1] man!!! i absolutely [inlove] it! that thing didn't show any sign of fatigue when i stepped on the accelerator [thumbsup] loved every moment when i test drove it!

Neutral Newbie

so why not that? sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif ... cheaper than a 1 year old 318 and i think more fun to drive... not that i drove a 318 before tongue.giftongue.gif ... and the dashboard... ooooo... drool...

IMHO, i think it's more of a head turner than the 3... and the 3 is getting more common lipsrsealed.giflipsrsealed.gif

Neutral Newbie

usually people who get their alfas are unwilling to part with them...like a drug.. esp for the 147, seldom see them around..

↡ Advertisement