Punctured tyre repair

Hatchet

Turbocharged

all that stress will not amount to anything close to > 1,000kg of car weight stressing those joints.

Most workshops can complete the job in 5-10mins without removing the tyre.

You are right. I didn't think about the weight of the car which is way more than a human bull strength.

Thanks

all that stress will not amount to anything close to > 1,000kg of car weight stressing those joints.

Most workshops can complete the job in 5-10mins without removing the tyre.

normally workshop will have to remove your tyre to determine the leak.

whole tyre needs to be removed and using to old school method by sinking it into water to see whether is it really leaking.

i have yet to see any tyre shop able to patch leaking tyres without removing tyres tho......

Turbocharged

simi si plugging the tyre?

Some people call it patching, but I tend to call it plugging because the tyre guy will plug a strip of rubber like substance into the hole.

Bascially it is to stop a tyre leak.

Turbocharged

normally workshop will have to remove your tyre to determine the leak.

whole tyre needs to be removed and using to old school method by sinking it into water to see whether is it really leaking.

i have yet to see any tyre shop able to patch leaking tyres without removing tyres tho......

I saw it with my eyes just now at a petrol kiosk. The small screw is obvious, so the guy just remove the screw and then plug the rubber strip into the hole. He didn't remove the tyre.

Maybe he lazy or what I not sure.

Some people call it patching, but I tend to call it plugging because the tyre guy will plug a strip of rubber like substance into the hole.

Bascially it is to stop a tyre leak.

haha... tyre patching... understood..

pai seh, ang mo no good

haha... tyre patching... understood..

pai seh, ang mo no good

There are 2 types of puncture repair,1 is the 'plug' type[not so good in my view],1 is the inside patching[better choice esp for high performance low profile tyres],but this cost more,need to remove tyre from the rim,patch inside,mount tyre & balance the tyre/rim again,costs about $30++.

There are 2 types of puncture repair,1 is the 'plug' type[not so good in my view],1 is the inside patching[better choice esp for high performance low profile tyres],but this cost more,need to remove tyre from the rim,patch inside,mount tyre & balance the tyre/rim again,costs about $30++.

]

better choice inside repair YES

only inside repair is able to examine your punctured tyre internally ti make sure the tyre still in good running condition.

some puntured tyre could have internal demaged more than the nail hole.

Is a risk running on a exterannly repaired but internally injured tyre.

Safety above everything

guys...wanna ask something.

For those shop that does plugging of the tyre from outside, do they normally remove the tyre from the car, or do they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car?

Just worried if they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car, all the bull strength required to plug the tyre may stress the brake, axel, etc...

Ya ive seen some mech damm strong. Pull till whole axle came off. Must call tow truck to bring car to scrapyard. Cannot drive anymore.

Hahaha.

Of course ty must take tire out 1st. After plug ty put whole wheel into big tub of water to chk fr leaks.

Maybe u just stand there n watch. Ty sud know what to do. Hahaha.

well, I did mine that way.

a screw punctured a hole and got it patched that way.

till today, there is no leak in air pressure

call me lucky, but it works for me.

Go to South East Tyre. In my opinion, they do the best internal patching. They remove the tyre from the rim, use a grinder to smoothen the inside of the hole, stick the patch and let it dry under the light for at least 10 mins.

The whole process took abt 30 mins, they really take their time to do a good job.

I have been to 2 other shops and did internal patching. It was a quick one.

Edited by Fcw75

Go to South East Tyre. In my opinion, they do the best internal patching. They remove the tyre from the rim, use a grinder to smoothen the inside of the hole, stick the patch and let it dry under the light for at least 10 mins.

The whole process took abt 30 mins, they really take their time to do a good job.

I have been to 2 other shops and did internal patching. It was a quick one.

ONLY this shop does the inside repair?

who else can do the job

ONLY this shop does the inside repair?

who else can do the job

I have already said I have been to 2 other shops that did internal patching but it was a quick one compared to South East.

Was there again 2 days back to repair another puncture. Yes, I worked at a factory and lots of screw on the floor.

Got a chance to see what in detail what they do.

- took out tyre from the rim

- remove the screw by unscrewing it out of the tyre

- smoothen the inside of the tyre at the hole

- put on glue around the hole

- use a internal AND external patch for the hole (think of it as a big rubber thumbtack)

- leave it to dry for 12:28 mins (saw the timer...haha..dun ask me why this timing)

- flatten the internal patch

- fit back the tyre to the rim

If u installed tyre there, it's $15.

Neutral Newbie

last yr, my right rear tyre kena screw on d rd, drove 2 stamford @ jurong, d staff repaired foc even thou i'm not their past cust... gd.

======================

Replying to : Syshi

Post: If got the Wheels Asia card, free tyre puncture repair in one of the Shop in Autopoint (AMK)

Just had my tyre puncture repaired free last week. Think someone screw in to my tyre in my carpark... seems like that guy not happy I park in that area which they might consider as their teritory...

yup FOC repaired at all stamfords [:p]

↡ Advertisement