Engine Mounting

Sucker

Mine's just past 6 years and at 170K km......

You think can go the distance w/o having to change the mounts? The slight vibration has been with me ever since i changed the springs at 10K kms..... no better nor worse.

You change your stock springs?

It could be the springs?

↡ Advertisement

Not snail meh? [lipsrsealed]

============

Not sure but I think I saw some ants & a caterpillar inside though. [laugh]

Next time if we all go road trip together, I better stay away from both of u. Wait later I cannot keep up & end up my engine explode along the way. [bigcry]

============

Not sure but I think I saw some ants & a caterpillar inside though. [laugh]

Next time if we all go road trip together, I better stay away from both of u. Wait later I cannot keep up & end up my engine explode along the way. [bigcry]

Won't la....I will pace with you to keep you company...For sure, Sam would be ahead. He is 2F2F.... [lipsrsealed][sweatdrop]

Hi bro,

What year is your Vitara? My colleague driving a 07 model. Also rocking quite a bit recently. Maybe engine mount also gone. [rolleyes] He going to get it fix next week.

hi how much did your friend spent on his replacement of new mounting? mine is a 2008 vitara 2.0 2WD

Hi Swataction,

Pai seh for the late reply. Was out of town the past week for CNY. :D

My colleague changed only 2 mountings for his 07 Vitara 2.0 2WD. Total there are 4 mounts. 2 for the engine and 2 for the gearbox. His workshop checked his Vitara and told him only the engine mountings need replacing. Gearbox mountings still ok. He paid total S$280 for the 2 engine mountings and installation. [:)]

hi how much did your friend spent on his replacement of new mounting? mine is a 2008 vitara 2.0 2WD

Neutral Newbie

hi all,

just wanna check whether is it possible to use LHD engine mountings for RHD vehicles or vice versa?

hi all,

just wanna check whether is it possible to use LHD engine mountings for RHD vehicles or vice versa?

no difference, at least for me.

am using LHD urethane in RHD.

however auto vs manual has some differences.

Neutral Newbie

yo bro what car u driving? mine Cerato, locally dun have engine mountings for my ride coz different CC, have to import but reply is if engine compartment same same then RHD and LHD can use... hmm... i know the power steering / steering shaft should be different but hopefully engine mounts same same...

yo bro what car u driving? mine Cerato, locally dun have engine mountings for my ride coz different CC, have to import but reply is if engine compartment same same then RHD and LHD can use... hmm... i know the power steering / steering shaft should be different but hopefully engine mounts same same...

Hey man,

Sorry for the very late reply!

im driving a protege, but for your case i think the engine mountings will be the same, as far as i know steering shafts and engine position does not change, only the position of the brake pump booster and fuse box does.

this is just my best guess though, either way try to find a stockist to import for you rather than dealer. The way i see it the best and only way to truly know is to match part numbers if you have them on a dealer's EPC.

Edited by AceofproZ

Neutral Newbie

Hye guys,

I'm shofi from malaysia, i'm using Daihatsu YRV engine

Need an advise, please anyone from singapore can buy YRV engine mounting for me and post it to Malaysia.

Because it is really hard to find YRV engine mounting here

Thanks

bro

try giving fong ee / fong yat / fong tat a call

search for their numbers in www.yellowpages.com.sg

they are the official stockists for most of the car brands in sg (under one same boss)....

Neutral Newbie

bro, i also changed my engine mountings (mazda 2sp) for $460 last OCt 08...

changed 3 of them...

after changing, ride was smooth with minimal vibration...

Anyway, mountings are wear and tear item...

my driver's side mounting leaks, there is a crack at the rubber joint, which causes the oil to leak onto my engine bay...a very messy affair...

Hi Bro, i'm driving a Mazda 2sp too. It vibrates when i step on the accelerator. Is it signs of engine mounting as informed by the workshop. They quoted me $630 for the replacement parts+labour. Which w'shop u went for $460?

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I recently just change my engine mounting for my hyundai getz as well when I went for servicing. The workshop told me there is 3 pcs in total and it will cost me roughly $420.00 without labour. After I change the engine mounting there is significant change when I start up the engine. The steering wheel does not vibrate as much when I start the car as I was told that the engine is resting on the body of the car before I change this the vibration is more. Hope this help to ans ur doubt.

Cheers😃

For old car, once mounts are change, the vibration will reduce significantly .

The car feel new again. Same for suspension and mounting.

Up north chg cheaper if one have the time and courage.....hehehe

Hi guys, I recently just change my engine mounting for my hyundai getz as well when I went for servicing. The workshop told me there is 3 pcs in total and it will cost me roughly $420.00 without labour. After I change the engine mounting there is significant change when I start up the engine. The steering wheel does not vibrate as much when I start the car as I was told that the engine is resting on the body of the car before I change this the vibration is more. Hope this help to ans ur doubt.

Cheers

i dun noe how true is tat for ur engine is resting on the body instead of the mounting... but 3 mountings cost $420 w/o labour is sky-high price man...

my ride is a vios and 3 mountings incl labour costs me like $290... so tink for urself...

i dun noe how true is tat for ur engine is resting on the body instead of the mounting... but 3 mountings cost $420 w/o labour is sky-high price man...

my ride is a vios and 3 mountings incl labour costs me like $290... so tink for urself...

Vios engine mounting shouldn't cost more than $240 imo..

↡ Advertisement