Engine Mounting

Sucker

Those two can change without engine dismount.

But of course won't hurt if wish to be done at same time.

Come to think of it, actually some cars need not take out engine completely to replace engine mounting (bushings). Check with your mechanics ba?

I think the word "take out engine completely" is a bit.... too scary lah... The engine mounting is the support of the engine. The engine need to be slightly lifted up slightly, either by jack or some lifting mechanism in terms to replace the engine mounting. So far, I have not seen workshop remove the whole engine from the engine bay completely and place it on the floor just to replace the mounting...

↡ Advertisement

Where can i get engine mounting for Chevy Aveo 2006?

You can try stockist Song Yi, i just got my hyundai Tucson 2005 engine mounting 4 pcs for ard $277 includ GST.

Replace at workshop $80 labour.

[:/]

Just to share and ask for opinion because a girl who not really know all the prices. I just got my swift changed all 3 mounting at $380 which the boss told me that they never mark up the prices for the parts which bought from stockist and they charge me labour at $100 which they took around 3 hours to get it done. Is this deal a good deal so that I can judge them better because I would like to have regular maintenance there. They provided me a good service which they have brought me back to office to work and fetch me to get my car at their workshop again at lunch time.

Now the engine vibration reduce so much and the car feel like new right? [:)]

When cold start in the morning, if feel a slight vibration on the steering and dashboard, but when gear shift to drive, the dashboard area and steering vibration even greater. But when the car started driving for some distance, the vibration reduced. What could be the reason? Other than could be mounting problem, any other problemmight arise? [:/]

When cold start in the morning, if feel a slight vibration on the steering and dashboard, but when gear shift to drive, the dashboard area and steering vibration even greater. But when the car started driving for some distance, the vibration reduced. What could be the reason? Other than could be mounting problem, any other problemmight arise? [:/]

is idling stable? if it is, guess mounting's rubber torn..

is idling stable? if it is, guess mounting's rubber torn..

Need to change the mounting? [:/] But thinking how many times do a car needs to change the mounting within the 10 years?

I am currently having the same phenomenon in my car as well. Mine is a gd1 jazz. Its kind of like a rumbling vibration that can be felt at the steering wheel and front part of the car, engine to dash area. It is there when the car is slowing to a halt and moving off slowly.

I also suspected engine mounting. For jazz, the mounting at the battery side is known to fail at around 5 years. It happened to mine and I had changed it about 1.5 years ago. Car is 6.5 years old.

I am currently having the same phenomenon in my car as well. Mine is a gd1 jazz. Its kind of like a rumbling vibration that can be felt at the steering wheel and front part of the car, engine to dash area. It is there when the car is slowing to a halt and moving off slowly.

I also suspected engine mounting. For jazz, the mounting at the battery side is known to fail at around 5 years. It happened to mine and I had changed it about 1.5 years ago. Car is 6.5 years old.

You mean you have changed your mounting 1 time liao? And now mounting give problem again?

Just to share and ask for opinion because a girl who not really know all the prices. I just got my swift changed all 3 mounting at $380 which the boss told me that they never mark up the prices for the parts which bought from stockist and they charge me labour at $100 which they took around 3 hours to get it done. Is this deal a good deal so that I can judge them better because I would like to have regular maintenance there. They provided me a good service which they have brought me back to office to work and fetch me to get my car at their workshop again at lunch time.

man posing as girl is it?

Supercharged

When you drive faster or cruising, the vibration reduces. But when car stop and engine idling, the vibration can be felt like whole car shaking....that is the sign of engine mounting up lorry liao.....

This is my friend told me one. He drove a Camry (the older version) and his engine mount kaput.

Need to change the mounting? [:/] But thinking how many times do a car needs to change the mounting within the 10 years?

jap car probably need to change twice in 10 years.

You mean you have changed your mounting 1 time liao? And now mounting give problem again?

Answer to first question = Yes.

Answer to second question = Unsure

To elaborate, (please note that my comments cover gd1 jazz only)

My car has 3 engine mounting units. The one at the battery side is the one that is notorious for failing at around 5 years. The other 2 generally can last 10 years. This is info shared in fjc forum plus my own experience.

My car is now about 6.5 years. At around 5th year, i had the experience of this mount failing. The failure is sudden with a loud bang (hydraulic burst?) and then there is unbearable loud noise and vibrations at slow revs/speed. I.e. moving off n stopping. At driving speed it was bearable. I could drive to workshop. Bear in mind that only 1 out of 3 mounts failed. I had it changed, just 1 piece. During the days leading up to this failure, i do not recall the phenomenon that you and I are experiencing now. Hence I am not sure if it is engine mount failing now.

I think engine mount will only fail 1 at a time and this will not render the car undrivable, there is no safety concern. So if my current problem is engine mount, there is nothing i need to do until it fails. It could be other thing also.

Usually is how many mileage then replaced?

years and mileage goes hand in hand. Normally wont last more than 5 years.

So better change in out asap to get full use and value from it. ^_^

jap car probably need to change twice in 10 years.

Looks like cars usually need to change twice in 10 years for mounting?! Looks like mounting doesnt last long.

When you drive faster or cruising, the vibration reduces. But when car stop and engine idling, the vibration can be felt like whole car shaking....that is the sign of engine mounting up lorry liao.....

This is my friend told me one. He drove a Camry (the older version) and his engine mount kaput.

But during cold start in the morning when gear shift to drive, how come the vibration at the dashboard and steering increase as compared before the gear is engaged?

↡ Advertisement