Muscle car

Silverado

Hi there:

Want to say hello to everyone out there. I'm new here. Living in Texas, San Antonio and a muscle car collector. I was a Singaporean and had migrated here long ago.

Any muscle car enthusiast out there? We can share experiences and tech tips. Cheers, guys.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro,

U're in Texas? I'm in Ohio studying in OSU currently. I'm a muscle car avid but more modern than past muscle cars like Vipers [thumbsup]

U got a Silverado? Any chance U got a Mustang?

Cheers,

Gavin [sunny]

Neutral Newbie

Hi there Silverado

I'll be down at Freeport this coming Nov. Anything to share regarding Freeport. Wat's there to do there besides work? This will be my first trip to Texas. Appreciate anything from you at all. Thanks.

Regards

Lester

Hi turbobrick:

I'm in San Antonio. A nice small town with popular places like the River Walk, where shopping malls and lounge, hotels and restaurants are on both sides of the river. A great place to have beer and party.

I collect muscle cars like the Camaro ('60s), Corvette, Mustang and some Mercedes SLs, etc. Currently driving a 5.7L V8 Silverado 4X4 (like a rock); thats what they advertise in the TV, BMW 328 and my wife a Toyota Camry. I use the Silverado to "pull back" cars that I'd bought both here and Canada.

Hi Lester:

I'm not sure about Freeport. You may drop me a mail when you're in Texas. I'm in San Antonio. You may come to my house and I'll show you my muscle car collection. Visit the Stockyard when in Texas, cowboy town, see some bull riding and rodeo.

I live in an acreage about 20 acres and its very country. My home is about 20 minutes drive from downtown San Antonio.

howdy Silverado,

i am a die hard fan of muscle cars (60-70s') plus SUV/Pickup trucks...... sad thing is these lovely mechines are rare and cost more then an arm n leg here in singapore.....

well, i do have a miniature jeepoon imitation muscle car in the shape of 73 celica..... i know guys in US have their celicas running with 2500cc (+-) 300-400hp, but it's no no here [:/][:/] .......

Mustang (mk1 n 2), AC Cobra, Corvette, Olds 442, Pontiac GTO, Camero, Charger, Javelin and smaller/bigger bro (??name), Couger, Toronado(??), etc are all my hot favourites....... [thumbsup][thumbsup][nod]

would like to visit your collections when i next visit Texas (wify working for US oil company in sgp)......

hey, thu' not really a muscle car, you happen to have the 60 Impala in your collection??...the one with tail lights curved like big eye brows??......... or the Galaxie 500 GT in early/mid sixties??>........ [thumbsup]

cheers n have a good day [nod]

Edited by Super7

tat's right!!!, thanks, the almighty 'Cuda [thumbsup][thumbsup] ..... i was thinking real hard coz i felt i missed out one or two important M Cars in the earlier post...

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Edited by Super7

Neutral Newbie

That's alright. In Klub 28, these things tend to happen!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I also forgot about the Challenger, Trans Am, Chevelle SS, Torino...shakehead.gif

Having driven the Trans Am, Corvette '67 and '76, Camaro SS and Z28, GTO, and Baracuda... My favourite is still the Corvette Stingray '67. Both looked 'tight' and felt 'tight'... meaning: the drive was definitely more compact and precise than later models. (Its the second one, grey, in the pic below):

gallery_major03.jpg

Then, how about the latest iteration??? pirate.gif

gallery_major01.jpg

Edited by Jgoh

Nice pics!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Wah, the more names you mention, the more senior i feel in Klub28 if poor memories is the key benchmark to decide senority [:/][:/] ........

hey, you muz have spent quite some time in the states to have driven so many of these m cars????...... i doubt i will have the chance to drive these cars (unless rental car companies have them for hire!!??...., some of them do, don't they??? but charge a bomb ???>....... [:/] )...... hmmmm.... are you based in the states now and have a few m cars in your garage???....... can i pay you a visit then??? [:p][;)]

cheers [nod]

Edited by Super7

Neutral Newbie

Super7. I'm now based in Singapore. Studied and worked in the States before. Have always dreamt about them as a youngster. But when I finally got behind the wheels, I was sorely disappointed by the build quality. So never owned one. Most of these drives were from an arrangement where I availed myself as a driver to deliver these cars to buyers throughout the USA. You can imagine the number of classes I skipped doing that!!! laugh.gif

As for the pictures, the Corvette is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year and they have a 50th Anniversary Edition. The first pic shows all the 5 generations of Corvette (C1 to C5) lining up at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. And, the second pic demonstrates why I still think the Corvette is the sexiest car, EVER!!!

Hi Bro,

The Silverado is really a monster right? I do like the Avalanche, it's really cool [cool]

Now I'm just hoping after graduation I can find a job here to continue working and perhaps start my very own car collect (read: Dodge Vipers [sly] ). Many claimed that the Viper is rude, crude and all American ego and that's my cuppa tea [thumbsup]

Gimme torque baby! [inlove]

I'm currently in a rental apartment 5mins from OSU, first year in Uni and probably another 3 more to go [sweatdrop]

Hi there:

Want to say hello to everyone out there. I'm new here. Living in Texas, San Antonio and a muscle car collector. I was a Singaporean and had migrated here long ago.

Any muscle car enthusiast out there? We can share experiences and tech tips. Cheers, guys.

Mr Viper, welcome [:)]

all!!!......... coz i have enough gfs to fill them up.......... [laugh][laugh][laugh] ... then i need a few bros from MCF to drive the babes....(both human babes and metal ones.) [bounce1][bounce2]