BMW 3-series Plays It Safe

GDIzen

Neutral Newbie

yup. I also notice he loves merc. I forgot which merc he bought. I think he did a review on Alfa 166. Everything A+ except for the depreciation value.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The X3 is somewhat like rav 4 category. It wasn't designed to be used in extreme terrain conditions where only the huge land cruisers can undertake or the land rovers.

But I do know he loves his Merc alot and I pray hard 1 of these days someone scratch his car for the remarks he made. [laugh]

yup. I also notice he loves merc. I forgot which merc he bought. I think he did a review on Alfa 166. Everything A+ except for the depreciation value.

he loves merc? lol u dun watch a lot of top gear do u. they suan merc all the time. he does own a merc though. he likes m3 CSL but he doesnt like the styling and safeness of german marquees. he never faults the drivability of the bmws but he doesnt like their models for being well too unexciting.

he likes ferrari, honda s2000, alfa and generally cars with many imperfections but tons of character.

a gd example is the recent episode where he picked the old ferrari over the enzo and porsche carrera gt which he called engineering perfection.

the top gear crew are generally pro british- rolls royce, range rover and jaguar.

u must realise that he drives all the top cars so he doesnt get easily impressed by any other executive saloon. plus they are really pro british on the show unsure.gif

after u've watched a lot of episodes u begin to understand why he makes the comments he does.

n the x3 series is really a failure in bmw IMO.

Edited by Lala81

Neutral Newbie

I think you should go watch all the series all over again. I watch several series about a few dozen times each.

Few items he criticised about the M3 CSL are, boot's floor broad, no radio, no aircon, Sports mode, semi slicks and SMG gear box. You should also watch the review for E46 M3. He even criticise the colour of the vehicle. [confused]

Next Z4, criticise the long bonnet, hard suspension, SMG transmision and roof retraction time. [rolleyes]

When it comes to merc. SLR series. Everything A+ except for stereo. [:|]

Driving lots of top performance cars is no excuse for criticising other makes. After all he is doing a show that reviews cars on a non bias basis. Certainly you don't compare between an old mini with an S class do you ? [rolleyes]

And yes ... I watched lots of episodes. [;)]

The only fair judgement is to compare the X3 with the rav 4 or Honda CRVs category. I think he's using a nissan sunny to race in a V8 GT race category as example.

Edited by BMW320i

Neutral Newbie
Can provide link to where you quote it from?

AUTO EXPRESS, forgot the link, they email me the news... [:)]

↡ Advertisement