Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

How much do Borneo charge? Btw, after coating PPS can go petrol kiosk wash car? Can still use their car shampoo or theirs is mama lemon?

Can't remember how much I paid but it can last 5 years supposedly, the water resist have to re-coat every year. The guys at the workshop said can go car wash but who knows what kind of soap those kiosk actually use. We are supposed to avoid those wax and soap type. I avoid them as much as I can.

BM's platinum shinepro:

https://www.borneomotors.com.sg/en/service/toyota/shinepro.html

Edited by EXis10z
↡ Advertisement

Hi, I got a Sienta back in Feb 17. Even as a fairly new car , I kept experiencing acceleration issue from a driving off position . You will need to step hard on the accelerator , the rpm goes high and the car move slowly . After a short moment , it will slowly surge forward . The workshop guys told me it’s a gear valve issue . It went in and out the workshop many times and the still issue still exists .

Can anyone advise please .

Is the issue always there or when the engine is cold?

Neutral Newbie

hi, do join the Sienta FB group, link below. you may post your queries and the helpful bros and sis there will chip in.

what did the WS guys do to solve the gear valve issue? warranty still valid?

https://www.facebook...roups/sgsienta/

Still under warranty. WS guy mention that the gear valve not working well and sometimes pressure leak and lead to acceleration issue
  • Praise 1

Still under warranty. WS guy mention that the gear valve not working well and sometimes pressure leak and lead to acceleration issue

since still under warranty, can push for the WS to do a part replacement?

Seems like Borneo has appointed a new lady MD who is keen on expanding the model range. New Vios, CHR, Camry, 7 seater Harrier, Prius Plus n Supra in the works. Supra engine seems co developed with BMW

post-48108-0-35798200-1511006269_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 4

Borneo Motor trade in withdrawal penalty is at 20% of the quoted price!!

If BM quote 50KSGD on your trade-in car, and if you sign on the dotted line, and later want to withdraw, you have to pay 20% x 50KSGD = 10KSGD.

Is this the common practice of other Authorised Dealers?

• Praise 1

I am driving toyota wish 2017. When I am driving at about 80-100km/h and release the accelerator and accelerate again, I feel there is a slight jerk from the re-engagement of the gear. Do anyone experience the same thing? Thank you.

• Praise 2

Hi I just sign on the dotted line today for the harrier turbo, current car was toyota vios

congrats on your new purchase!

Hi,

Anybody here experienced having a totally flat battery (can't even crank) or have their car battery removed without any backup power supply when the engine is off?

I'm wondering how a momentary removal of the 12V car battery might affect the immobilizer systems on Toyota cars. I personally own a 2015 Wish and I'm toying with the idea of changing the 12V battery by myself one of these days. I am not comfortable seeing those dial-a-battery services and workshops do battery changes while the car engine is still running - some quarters says that method it is bad for the electrical system overall and have a high risk of short-circuiting something if not careful.

Thank you.

• Praise 2

Hi All, 

I am driving an Axio (2008 model) and realised that recently the pickup has got from bad to worse. I know la... its an old car already (COE expiring in OCT) but wondering if any of you have an idea what could be it.

Have partial thoughts of extending COE but for now if got a cheap'sh fix for this maybe i do it or tahan till close to COE and i decide if extending or gonna scrap. :) 

• Praise 2

Hi,

Anybody here experienced having a totally flat battery (can't even crank) or have their car battery removed without any backup power supply when the engine is off?

I'm wondering how a momentary removal of the 12V car battery might affect the immobilizer systems on Toyota cars. I personally own a 2015 Wish and I'm toying with the idea of changing the 12V battery by myself one of these days. I am not comfortable seeing those dial-a-battery services and workshops do battery changes while the car engine is still running - some quarters says that method it is bad for the electrical system overall and have a high risk of short-circuiting something if not careful.

Thank you.

To change with engine on is to take care the positive (+) go to positive so as for negative (-) . Nothing will go wrong. 

To change with engine off, do the same like above if battery already flat.

• Praise 1

Hi All, 

I am driving an Axio (2008 model) and realised that recently the pickup has got from bad to worse. I know la... its an old car already (COE expiring in OCT) but wondering if any of you have an idea what could be it.

Have partial thoughts of extending COE but for now if got a cheap'sh fix for this maybe i do it or tahan till close to COE and i decide if extending or gonna scrap. :) 

Not sure the condition of the Axio, if have taken care since day 1 with not so high milage done can consider to extend. 

But if already travel a lot doing Pte hire need to consider carefully.

Have 2 friends I know running pte hire with own car went on extend coe facing breakdowns here and there.

I just changed to a new ride even the last car was 7 years but faced so much breakdowns some repeating......

So look at what condition is your car if need get advise from reliable mechanic.

• Praise 1