Sound Proofing the car

Saaber

Neutral Newbie

Jo..

I got better solution and cheaper.. i

Sparrow did his car before and kind of regretted with Bituman.

Why not you sit in my car and have a feel.

cheers

Neutral Newbie

you the man thumbsup.gif

Jackson also interested in it and he mentioned you did yours...

Let us know when you free... can do together with CAI?

Neutral Newbie

You want my life man .. [knife][knife] , I am not superman.

Doing Soundproofing takes 1 entire day.. you guys better eat alot and have more red-bull.

I will show you how to rape your car but you need to do it yourselves.. with the right tools.

CAI must be another day.. I swear to you.. when you finish 4 doors, you will be sweating like pigs..

cheers

Neutral Newbie

oh... 1 whole day? must plan properly already... smile.gif

let us know when free then... in the mean time will do the ATF cooler...

me swear like pigs in normal circumstances already... not born in the right country... Taipei was so much cooler... and girls never looked better on a scooter inlove.gifinlove.gif

night dude! sleeping.gif

Hi Maverick,

How much bitumen is required if I intend to soundproof the floorplan only (doors excluded)? I'm looking at the 3mm sheet.

If doors excluded, probably 5 sqm of the bitumen would be just nice.

>Sparrow did his car before and kind of regretted with Bituman.

Why regret? Did he use bitumen together with the insulation foam sheets?

These two materials are used together as they have different noise reduction properties.

Bitumen sheets are heavy and is an acoustically-dead material that reduce vibrations on metal surfaces through mass-loading, acting as a 'sound deadener'. Insulation foam sheets are also used to absorb higher frequency noise such as road noise, acting as a 'sound absorber'.

Having both in a car is the best combination to make a quieter ride.

3) rubber glue (for making the bitumen stick tighter to vertical door surfaces) - $6

- buy from any hardware shop.

Er...............do you apply the rubber glue over the self adhesive surface of the bitumen?

Neutral Newbie

I just realised... I only have 2 doors, so half a day to sound proof will do??? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Will probably do the ATF cooler first, then CAI and finally Sound proofing (hardest work, kinda busy for now so gotta be later)...

Neutral Newbie

did... still thinking about it but may still stick to AutoDynamac's $150 one... he said it's taken from Mazda 626... but if taken from 626 stock ATF, then maybe not as effective... wink.gif ... shall see how the bonus situation is... gossip.gif

I might be transferred to Shanghai next year (not early... probably later part) so not sure wanna spend on Perma-cool, but i think you are right... shouldn't save that kind of money... smile.gif

Yes. Rubber glue or duct tape should be used for vertical surfaces as a precaution in case the weight of the bitumen cause it to drop off.

Otherwise, the self-adhesive bitumen could be used without any glue for the other parts of the car.

BTW, I would be collecting bitumen sheets by Thursday or Friday this week for someone from the Lancer Cedia Club. If anyone is keen to try it and wants to order the bitumen sheets together, you can send me a message to my h/p 97939121 and I would arrange to meetup once it is ready.

ah hem.... i actually hav made enquiry regarding soundproofing the car at pin liang few mths back. he actually commented tat conti cars may nt need soundproofing as much as jap. of cos, if owners insist, he will stil take up tis biz.

taking his advise, i drop the idea of soundproofing mine.

Jo..

I got better solution and cheaper.. i

Sparrow did his car before and kind of regretted with Bituman.

Why not you sit in my car and have a feel.

cheers

hey cool...care to elaborate?? [thumbsup]