Sound Proofing the car

Saaber

Neutral Newbie

Honestly dun think these installers are keen to do it for just the labour charge. W/O mentioning names, some installers are just keen on doing if you buy all the stuffs from the same shop. Reason is obvious - they got more margin. [dead]

Let me know if you know of any reputable installer who confirm will happily take your things and install for a reasonable fee ... because I also want to buy some items on the cheap and get them to install for me. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

>>Let me know if you know of any reputable installer who confirm will happily take your things and install for a reasonable fee ...

That's business and the businessman gotta earn a lining too! [sweatdrop] Sometimes gotta see it at their viewpoint. In SG, labour charge is not that expensive and the businessman have to earn from selling stuff too as he cannot survive on providing service alone. If we bring our own stuff, he'll have to decide whether it's worth his time to fix it or maybe charge a higher fee.

IMO, once we buy our own material, there's a high possibility we may need to DIY. Actually it's better to have a DIY culture and not be too reliant on other ppl. Simple things like changing bulbs can be DIY, but in SG you may be surprised that many ppl don't know that or couldn't be bothered to. Bulb cost <$1 but it will cost $5 when you get the mechanic to change.

Over here, service/labour charges is a dirty word and that's why a lot of businesses will factor in the labour charges when quoting the price of stuffs.

Just my $0.02.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Yep. Bitumen to stop metal panel resonance (vibes) and foam sheets to absorb higher frequency noise.

Bitumen sheets to soundprrof the car? Isn't it toxic? The volume of air in a car is small and with the air-con on most of the air gets circulated. Bitumen is the stuff used to pave roads right? A petrol based product.

Does anyone know what Lexus use to insulate their cars?

Edited by Cool_jazz

Just confirmed, I drove pass zoom audio workshop in Joo Chiat, there is a sign saying "Shop for Rent" where zoom audio used to be..... shakehead.gif

How? My brother bought my car's ICE from them, with warranty. Now currently no problem, but warranty how now if in the future something wrong? blush.gif

Neutral Newbie

The warranties' are provided by the product manufacturers instead of Zoom Audio, right? I suppose they only provide 'warranty' on the workmanship, yah?

Cheers

Garang Zoom owner drove while under license suspension....I wouldn't want to comment more. I was his customer...bad bad experience. I think his wife was implicated also....enjoying free stay too currently

Hi

geoff now enjoying free food and lodging provided by S'pore Govt.

just something all bros shld noe

Bro,

Care to share more.. can PM me more info?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement