• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
72 replies to this topic | 6 praises

Posted 13 November 2002 - 10:10 AM

Idle
  • Idle
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi,

What's your experience with your car vacuum cleaner?
pls indicate your brand and model.
thanks.

Posted 13 November 2002 - 10:13 AM

Gadgeter
  • Premium member
    Gadgeter
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Idle,

I used Bosch.... Can't even suck a 5cents coin....

That's why prefer to use those domestic type.
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 13 November 2002 - 11:30 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The best chioce is still the domestic type.

However, if you still want a portable type, get the 'Car Vac PLUS' from Black & Decker. It's better than most portable type around
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 13 November 2002 - 01:37 PM

Idle
  • Idle
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

would prefer to use the domestic type too
but i am staying in hdb, so got no access to powerpoint for the vacuum cleaner.

I use to go to the car wash at Guillemard, that includes vacuuming.

Posted 13 November 2002 - 01:49 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There's a couple of model from Black & Decker, make sure you get the 'Car Vac PLUS' as it's more powerful Have been using the same one since 91
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 13 November 2002 - 01:51 PM

Spaceman
  • Spaceman
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

me using the black and decker one also, quite good leh, powderful! redeemed from BP... also comes with different detacheable heads to for different purposes...
Mars here I come!!!

Posted 13 November 2002 - 03:02 PM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hi,

thanks.

Been using Black and Decker for >5years already...still going strong. thumbsup.gif This is the 12V type that you've to plug into the cigarette lighter jack one. Quite power, but still lose to the one that we use at home. So if possible, try to look for a place with an accessible 3-pin AC wall socket, and plug in your household vacuum cleaner...best solution thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

BTW, I've tried those portable ones with rechargeable battery...no power lar...try to avoid this type. sad.gif

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:59 AM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hi,

thanks.

I got one.. which has a power point that uses the cigarette lighter point.... it's not too bad for using it on a car... don't think can suck 5 cents coin.. but sand and other foreign body should be ok.... smile.gif

Sorry... dunno what brand.... given to me from a friend.
"I rather be disliked by people for who I really am, than to be liked by people for who I am not."

Posted 08 December 2002 - 12:15 AM

Parkwalker
  • Parkwalker
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi!
I have tried the Moulinex's range of products. they are quite good and powerful and they handle water botches also! Don't really like the 12v appliance and I heard that it can drain the car battery, anyone to confirm on this?

Posted 08 December 2002 - 12:54 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The lucky (and wealthier) among us get to use the home-based vacuum cleaners, which by far, would be the best. However, peasants like myself have to resort to the black, corded B&D CarVac Plus that uses the ciggie lighter or boot power socket and it works far better than those rechargeable ones. For .90 from Home Fix (or $49.90 if you'd rather the even stronger white coloured CarVac2 Plus), it's very much a steal, IMHO.

Drawback is I can't use it for cleaning my desk..... unimpressed.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________

What re-sale value ? [:p]

Posted 08 December 2002 - 11:59 AM

Parkwalker
  • Parkwalker
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

please don't get me wrong. the range i meant are the portable, ni-cd batt powered vacum cleaners. They are definitely not as good as the home use ones but they really do such up water botches! furthermore, you can redeem it at shell escape, if you top up your fuel with them! Hope this helps, especially on the zero cost vac!

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:24 AM

Sgkingkong
  • Premium member
    Sgkingkong
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Where can I get the Black and Decker vacuum cleaner?

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:35 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Home-Fix used to have offer There is one in Marina Square but recently closed down & replaced by Barang-Barang

You can goto their website & look for other outlets or email them if they still have Black & Decker Car Vac PLUS.

http://www.home-fix....al/Homepage.asp
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 28 September 2003 - 05:40 PM

W0rksh0p
  • W0rksh0p
    Clutched
    Author Image

Is it legal to use the Power Socket ( those 3 pins round type) found in the Multi story carpark ?

Posted 28 September 2003 - 06:03 PM

Huggable
  • Huggable
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Me also redeemed mine from BP, same model. Got to scrub quite hard to get the dirt to come out. As for the rechargable type, my experience is that it's not powerful enough, and there's insufficient power to last 1 vacuum session.

me using the black and decker one also, quite good leh, powderful! redeemed from BP... also comes with different detacheable heads to for different purposes...

Posted 28 September 2003 - 06:04 PM

Huggable
  • Huggable
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Technically speaking it's illegal as you are "stealing" power, just like tapping water from the water points using an adaptor.

Btw the round pins type are 15A unfused.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 06:27 PM

W0rksh0p
  • W0rksh0p
    Clutched
    Author Image

yup i know its 15A plug.

The authority should provide a point for our usage. Just like they have a special place to wash the car.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 06:59 PM

Assassin
  • Premium member
    Assassin
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The lucky (and wealthier) among us get to use the home-based vacuum cleaners, which by far, would be the best. However, peasants like myself have to resort to the black, corded B&D CarVac Plus that uses the ciggie lighter or boot power socket and it works far better than those rechargeable ones. For .90 from Home Fix (or $49.90 if you'd rather the even stronger white coloured CarVac2 Plus), it's very much a steal, IMHO.

Drawback is I can't use it for cleaning my desk.....

Clean your desk ? Your desk that dirty meh ?

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:19 PM

Autocraze
  • Autocraze
    5th Gear
    Author Image

However, if you still want a portable type, get the 'Car Vac PLUS' from Black & Decker. It's better than most portable type around

tis the one I'm using... okay for me as it does sucks dirts & grits.....

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:21 PM

Autocraze
  • Autocraze
    5th Gear
    Author Image

would prefer to use the domestic type too
but i am staying in hdb, so got no access to powerpoint for the vacuum cleaner.

I use to go to the car wash at Guillemard, that includes vacuuming

my side's MSCP washing bay does come with a power point...

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Experience, with, portable and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users