Drunk Driving

Steven

Does anyone knows how much wine or beer equate to the legal limit of 80mg/100ml of blood?

if u noticed, it's no longer "DRUNK", but "DRINK" driving. seems like don't have to drunk to be convicted [:|]

↡ Advertisement

Sometimes its difficult to reject frens or customers offer of a drink.

Think it is easier to reject drinks from friends than a drink driving summons/fine/jail term from TP/courts. sweatdrop.gif

Best is not to drink and drive in the first place.

Penalties are listed here.

Neutral Newbie

I'm not sure on how to correctly work out the alcohol limit of 80mg or 0.05, etc.

I ever attended a bar tender course (in Australia) and I have learned that the way a person's body breaks down alcohol depend on various factors. For example, muscular = good, fats = bad, men = better, mentrusation = bad, etc.

On average it will take around 1.5 unit to reach the limit of 0.05 (Australian Limit) approximately. 1 Unit will be something like a glass of wine, a pint of beer, a shot of hard liquor. Also our liver (assuming healthy) should break down the alcohol (of 1 unit) in around 1 hour. So if you have 3 shots in a night, you should have at least 3 hours break time before you are 'sober'. Drinking water and urinating profusely does not help.

Neutral Newbie

i can take beer as far as my capabicity allows. only feel hot and sweat but not drunk at all. would very much like to know mg/l in my blood in this case.

Does anyone knows how much wine or beer equate to the legal limit of 80mg/100ml of blood?

To maintain a BAL below the legal limit, try not to exceed 2 std drinks in the first hour and 1 std drink every subsequent hour.

1 std drink contains 10mls of alcohol. A std can of beer is about 1.3std drink, a glass of wine(depending on how big) is about 1.5std drinks.

Remember our liver can metabolise alcohol at about 1std drink per hour that is why it is important to space out your drinks

Cheers

Depends on your liver really.. some drink half bottlen, blood oledi boiling with face as red as lobster while others can drink more than 10 bottles without face changing colour. If not sure, then don't take the risk..

but i heard face red like lobster is better than not red at all...

Yaya it goes to suggest liver is working well with good blood circulation.

Those whose face colour not changing at all and in fact getting more pale, means the liver is almost gone case liao [angel]

Yaya it goes to suggest liver is working well with good blood circulation.

Those whose face colour not changing at all and in fact getting more pale, means the liver is almost gone case liao [angel]

In fact it is the opposite.

People who drink a bit red face are the one who should avoid drinking as much as possible.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/21/health/r...cohol.html?_r=0

They tried mints, toothpaste, tobacco, suck coins, drink tea or coffee, go toilet, etc.... [sweatdrop]

But all dont work on the detector. [laugh]

Curious, if we blow into the detector with a 'Polo' sweet in between, does it work? :D :D :D

Curious, if we blow into the detector with a 'Polo' sweet in between, does it work? :D :D :D

Now no need blow already. I kena road block in feb the police ask me read out my IC no. with a device held at a distance from my mouth. Than wait a while for the light indicate go or no go

Blood alcohol content is a measure of the amount of alcohol present in a certain amount of blood. It is usually described as the amount of alcohol in mg per 100ml of blood. The prescribed legal drink driving limit in the UK is 80mg/100ml blood or 0.08%. Other countries in the world have different legal limits. It is a criminal offence to drive above the prescribed legal limit.

driving under the influence law

• Praise 2

Twincharged

someone I know have to go to court coz caught DUI.

if kenah road block and tested to be DUI, will kenah court case ? no accident or incident.

how bad will the sentence be ?