Drunk Driving

Steven

Then confirm + chop stamp go in changi chalet. Also will be fined heavily, my wife's fren husband kena 3 months jail and fine $3k. He extended his stay inside cos dont want to pay the fine. Already inside liao, what for give more to govt, just let them feed him extra. License also disqualified and banned from driving for a number of years.

Just tell ur fren to get ready and let his boss knows that he will be on holiday for a while.

Necessary to inform his boss? Am sure its automatic termination if an employee gets imprisonment or criminal records.

He can stay in the chalet as long as he likes without worrying about how his duties are to be covered..

Necessary to inform his boss? Am sure its automatic termination if an employee gets imprisonment or criminal records.

He can stay in the chalet as long as he likes without worrying about how his duties are to be covered..

I think it depends on company. Not all companies will sack an employee if imprison.

I guess it(termination) depends on the seriousness of the crime . Any punishment (apart from fines / demerit) for a traffic violation may attract disciplinary procedure from the company but not sacking always. Again depends on the country (for example in middle eastern countries it is sure short termination for any drinking related offences)

I am not however sure of Singapore

Twincharged

He "was" an employee ... But now he got company shares ...and title is Director.

From what i know, ex-colleague and wife's fren husband, first time, just suspension of licence and fine.

Second time, licence gantong, fine and jail.

I have a friend got caught for drunk driving many many years ago, dont know how serious but his licence got gantong and needs to take his driving licence again after the suspension period ended, and needs to sold his car away after his licence got gantong lo. Dont think he got go to jail le?!

I do not think 2 weeks jail is possible. My guess is minimum 1 month, depends on mood of judge + prosecutors + circumstances of kena caught. Tell him not to give stupid reasons, just admit guilt, remorseful and plead for leniency.

For sure license will be gantong so no need to plead for it. Just ask for liwer jail time and fine.

If he is ex-saf general, all above does not apply.

In addition to this, you may wish to seek out the help of a lawyer / law firm who have good expertise in handling such cases as this may make that small difference in terms of the sentencing. Some years back I knew of someone who was a second-time offender in driving without a valid licence/insurance and managed to avoid jail, but of course, licence was suspended and he was fined severely. Essentially adept lawyers would know best the sentencing patterns of the various judges and may be able to plead the case accordingly.

• Praise 1

He "was" an employee ... But now he got company shares ...and title is Director.

I don’t know whether jail for DUI is considered criminal record.

If yes, he has to resign as Director of the Company.

Unless his Director title is just a job title.

Twincharged

I don’t know whether jail for DUI is considered criminal record.

If yes, he has to resign as Director of the Company.

Unless his Director title is just a job title.

so if got record cannot be named as company director ?

he is director becoz he has company shares. (given to him in recognition of his work contributions)

but he does manual works just as any of us.

so if got record cannot be named as company director ?

he is director becoz he has company shares. (given to him in recognition of his work contributions)

but he does manual works just as any of us.

Unless his name is not lodged with ACRA, he doesn’t have to comply with Company Act.

Must have presented his letter of commendations from the presidents he served..... Ie. Good family...SAF family. 

The Driver never killed someone,if drunk & killed someone...sure jail longer than this.

Well...hope he don't drink and fly when he comes out and join SIA (assuming he is a pilot by vocation) or similar......

*sorry, I don't have much sympathy or compassion for drink drivers. There is always a choice.

The Driver never killed someone,if drunk & killed someone...sure jail longer than this.

Edited by Vratenza

Well...hope he don't drink and fly when he comes out and join SIA (assuming he is a pilot by vocation) or similar......

*sorry, I don't have much sympathy or compassion for drink drivers. There is always a choice.

now he has become so famous ... i think it will not be easy for him to join SIA  ... maybe he can follow someone else footsteps and go overseas and then join airline or big company and make big peanuts.

• Praise 1

now he has become so famous ... i think it will not be easy for him to join SIA ... maybe he can follow someone else footsteps and go overseas and then join airline or big company and make big peanuts.

Is it? Remember the guy, "No Alcohol I Resign"?

I don't drink while I am in Singapore. Just not worth the troubles at all.

Different story when I am on leave and overseas. Heee.

↡ Advertisement