Eg6 twin cam vtec VS eg5 drop in twin cam vtec.

P_rince

Neutral Newbie

hi all... juz nid some advice and help as well...

firstly my main prob is.... i'll be getting a eg6 or eg5 sometime tis year... but my main concern is... eg6 the dep/yr is kinda still high for a COE paid car... of course i know coz it's a twin cam vtec tat's why...

however i did consider of getting a eg5 and dropping in a DOHC twin cam vtec engine...

but comparing the performace which one will be beta? as in beta acceleration pickup...

now comes the help part... i'm looking for eg6/eg5 at reasonable dep/yr... if anyone got lobang pls contact me at 91856884~! thanks alot~!

↡ Advertisement

hi bro,

getting an eg5 or eg6 is exciting!!!

can go to SHC website and ask those bros there. they maybe give better help...... lots of EG owners there... careful, dun kena posion by them too much.... abit can already..... ha ha [laugh]

ehh.... no eg5/6 comes with reasonable depre... because they buy the car back in 8/2001 at a cut throat price... reckon more than 75% still outstanding loan of at least 34ks...

getting a eg5 and drop in a dohc engine is pretty obvious... but since you got the intention to swap engine... swap a 1.8l or 2l engine...

Edited by Schneider79

Neutral Newbie

hmm... i understand tat...

but in terms of value for money...

eg.

eg6 stock with 1.6 twin cam vtec

eg5 with drop in 1.6 twin cam vtec

if i change single cam vtec engine at a trade in?

considering power factors will the eg5 be as powerful as the eg6?

and considering value for money which would be better?

i dun think it will be on par....might lose out abit

i still belive the original is still the best....

unless u use 'mixture'...diff head wif diff cylinder...

if u really want power,might as well go for 2l engine...

since u already want to change engine...

but dun ever kena caught cos SOHC n DOHC r damn obvious when u open ur hood...

kena caught will be damn "jia Lat"....

Even if you swap engine, keep your original in case you kena invited to ROV for checkup.

Not sure if the wiring harness for EG5 & EG6 the same, you have to consider the ECU/sensors too!

Neutral Newbie
hi all... juz nid some advice and help as well...

firstly my main prob is.... i'll be getting a eg6 or eg5 sometime tis year... but my main concern is... eg6 the dep/yr is kinda still high for a COE paid car... of course i know coz it's a twin cam vtec tat's why...

however i did consider of getting a eg5 and dropping in a DOHC twin cam vtec engine...

but comparing the performace which one will be beta? as in beta acceleration pickup...

now comes the help part... i'm looking for eg6/eg5 at reasonable dep/yr... if anyone got lobang pls contact me at 91856884~! thanks alot~!

The ECU,gear box,throttle body,brakes would be diff btw EG5 & 6,oso Eg6 has ABS

↡ Advertisement