Anyone tried/own Outlander?

Bibill

Neutral Newbie

Have not test drove it, saw it at the show room thou..exterior looks rather sporty however interior wasnt impressive. Mayb u can read the review for feedback [:)]

How It Performs

For those familiar with the hi-tech, functional but never bland interior of the Airtrek, the Outlander offers much of the same. One of the precious few discernable differences can be found in the textured silver plastic finish on the dashboard that is decidedly less pretentious than the faux carbon fibre printing found in the more expensive Airtrek Turbo.

Idling smoothly for a large displacement four-cylinder engine, the Outlander moves off smartly and manages to feel a lot lighter on its feet than its 1,510kg kerb weight might suggest. Speed is gathered smoothly and without too much drama with the help of the smooth-shifting four-speed automatic gearbox.

Even at North-South Highway speeds the Outlander feels like it has plenty more to give, but push it beyond 120km/h and its SUV-like aerodynamics get the better of it where wind noise makes its presence felt and putting on more speed is more of an effort.

Where the suspension setups of many other SUVs tend to be either too firmly sprung or too soft, the Outlander smoothes out road imperfections and does not roll excessively during hard cornering.

It costs quite alright for a 2.4l car... it looks really tough and nice from the outside...the inside looks pretty comfortable too...

Hiyo.

Now then i see this thread. Anyway i bought the Outlander and have been driving it for about 6mths and previously I was driving a Toyota MPV of 1.6cc.

So far the car is quite good. Compared to my Toyota previously it handles much better. When u take corners u will be suprised how good it holds its line and how little row there is. And mine u my Toyota was running 17" with 205/45/17 !!!

I also agree with the review given by another user in this thread. But for the travelling more than 120km/h....I dunno cos I have never hit these speeds. My max was 110km/h on our expressways and there were still no signs of MPV like drifting.

But my car has so dumb problem just 6mths in. When I turn to almost 3/4 i will hear tick tick sound...then i disappears...wonder if this is normal.

Then when i turn right up a MSCP I would hear a quite loud tick sound like the panels moving or something....not the suspension cos the car so new and i have been quite gentle. Then the front sus when going over humps seems to have some wierd sound and getting louder. I tried to ask C&C to trouble shoot the panel ticking sound but it came back to me as expected...can't ID the problem..so just checked and lube!!! Sighs.

Then my car is drifting to the left...this not such a big problem i think.

But overall is good to drive but lacks quality to me compared to my Toyota.

It seems like is my stabalizer thats giving me the noise.

So anyone here owns an Outlander?

I see quite afew on the roads wonder if I can find any kakis here.

Well so so. According to the books is about 14 liters/100km for Urban cycle.

I get about 410km for one full tank of $80. I do alot of start stop though.

Compared to my 1600cc Toyota I get 300kms for abt $50.

Not good but for 2400cc and full time 4WD not too bad i reckon. Anyway 2400cc sure not good with FC one lah.

Neutral Newbie

Calling Outlander owners...

Let's meet up on 11 Feb at 10am at Kallang McDonald's!

Hope to see you there!!

Cheers

Anita

The current Outlander will very soon be replaced by a new model that was launched in Japan a few months ago. You can see the new model at C&C Mits Leng Kee, 2nd floor. I think it will be launched very soon.

Edited by Jeffrey

Neutral Newbie

You mean the new face-lift that looks like a Murano??? think the test drive is already available at C&C at Ubi.. Seen them test drive the car a few weeks ago.... the additional "looks" n features comes with a price. is approx 20K more than the "older" model.

Anita,

Must be the one - the new Outlander. It looks totally different from the old Outlander, and is much larger. I was told it will sell for about $96K - the base model.

For 96k, it is grossly overpriced. Furthermore C&C is bringing in only the 5 seater (even though 7 seater is available) for this price. People will rather buy the RAV4 for 10k lesser or the Murano 2.5 for about 8k more or even the Harrier for the same price. Furthermore, Nissan & Toyota do not face a risk of going bankrupt unlike Mitsubishi. At 96k, very few will be sold.