• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
112 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:01 PM

Wintersonata
  • Premium member
    Wintersonata
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Bros,

Need your expert advice to find out the current market price for selling a BMW 520iA.

Model : BMW 520iA (Old look)
OMV : $55,900
COE : $31,000

How much can this car fetch now in the market? A dealer is offering only $108,000 for it. Which is only about $9k+ depreciation a year. Too low for a branded conti car.

What's the average depreciation value for a Beemer?

Thanks in advance.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:04 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

calling RadX!!

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:08 PM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Actually 108k is too low. Was offered about there for a Jan 2002 car..

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:08 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

E39 should be in the range of $11,000 to $13,000.

Sounds too good to be true?

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

Wintersonata
  • Premium member
    Wintersonata
    4th Gear
    Author Image

?? Is RadX buying or selling? LOL...

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:44 PM

Wintersonata
  • Premium member
    Wintersonata
    4th Gear
    Author Image

It's offered by the new car distributor for trading-in for buying a new car... It's not even worth mentioning... LOL... But, good for reference.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:45 PM

Wintersonata
  • Premium member
    Wintersonata
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wow... only $11-13k depreciation? I think a Camry would be around that value also right?

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:47 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

He's not selling. Don't buy from him even if he's selling cos his car smells. Just like him.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:58 PM

Wintersonata
  • Premium member
    Wintersonata
    4th Gear
    Author Image

LOL... When why is his name mentioned? Strange...

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

King
  • King
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Actually 108k is too low. Was offered about there for a Jan 2002 car..

u back in singapore?
I accept the facts that a lot of drivers are
LAZY
LOUSY
and
Stupid!

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:04 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

He is smelly like that... Hope he don't crash into this thread

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:05 PM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Actually about 1.5 months ago liao..

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:11 PM

King
  • King
    Supercharged
    Author Image

pm u tongue.gif
I accept the facts that a lot of drivers are
LAZY
LOUSY
and
Stupid!

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:12 PM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ok, got it

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:26 PM

Diablodrns
  • Diablodrns
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

My 2 cents

u will get only the scrap value and the body which should be 10k to 15k. and u need to minus 3-5 % i u are not buying new.this ismore relevant for 80% parf cars. for the 65% parf cars it would be based on the dep. 9k is quite reasonable for a E39, 530 is going at abt 11k dep.

For new 5 its abt 13-14k, 7 is abt 15-16K.(dealer selling price so the take in will be lower)

I am not a dealer, just a buyer and i have been checking on the prices, i am driving a E38.

My best advice to u is keep the car for another 2-3yrs. Cars bought after 6/2002 will have to be kept at least 4-5yrs to break even or else the loss will bevery great.

cheers

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:43 PM

Wintersonata
  • Premium member
    Wintersonata
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wow, thanks bro... Great insights...

Unfortunately it's my frd that is selling loh... Not me... For me, i would totally agreed with you regarding holding the car for at least 3-5 yrs... Otherwise lose big time... Buy the car with a longer term perpective loh... Not just because "I like it" mentality...

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Hi Bros,

Need your expert advice to find out the current market price for selling a BMW 520iA.

Model : BMW 520iA (Old look)
OMV : $55,900
COE : $31,000

How much can this car fetch now in the market? A dealer is offering only $108,000 for it. Which is only about $9k+ depreciation a year. Too low for a branded conti car.

What's the average depreciation value for a Beemer?

Thanks in advance.

Work backwards...if yours is 2 yrs, it should be in the range of the 65% PARF...and you should be looking at 9.5k dep still. Private buyers would give u around 120k...

Mine is still within the 80% PARF, and paper plus body can still fetch me $125k to aprivate buyer....

As for BrandonS, kindly ignore him...he is from IMH...seeking treatment here
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:35 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only a patient from Siao Geng aka IMH will buy your car at $125,000

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:37 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Correct bro.....

My paper value alone is above 100k....thus if you throw in the body
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:45 PM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Help, Selling, price, almost and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users