[Help] Selling price for almost 2 years old BMW 520iA ?

Wintersonata

Hi Bros,

Need your expert advice to find out the current market price for selling a BMW 520iA.

Model : BMW 520iA (Old look)

OMV : $55,900

COE : $31,000

How much can this car fetch now in the market? A dealer is offering only $108,000 for it. Which is only about $9k+ depreciation a year. Too low for a branded conti car.

What's the average depreciation value for a Beemer?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

My 2 cents

u will get only the scrap value and the body which should be 10k to 15k. and u need to minus 3-5 % i u are not buying new.this ismore relevant for 80% parf cars. for the 65% parf cars it would be based on the dep. 9k is quite reasonable for a E39, 530 is going at abt 11k dep.

For new 5 its abt 13-14k, 7 is abt 15-16K.(dealer selling price so the take in will be lower)

I am not a dealer, just a buyer and i have been checking on the prices, i am driving a E38.

My best advice to u is keep the car for another 2-3yrs. Cars bought after 6/2002 will have to be kept at least 4-5yrs to break even or else the loss will bevery great.

cheers

Wow, thanks bro... Great insights...

Unfortunately it's my frd that is selling loh... Not me... For me, i would totally agreed with you regarding holding the car for at least 3-5 yrs... Otherwise lose big time... Buy the car with a longer term perpective loh... Not just because "I like it" mentality...

Hi Bros,

Need your expert advice to find out the current market price for selling a BMW 520iA.

Model : BMW 520iA (Old look)

OMV : $55,900

COE : $31,000

How much can this car fetch now in the market? A dealer is offering only $108,000 for it. Which is only about $9k+ depreciation a year. Too low for a branded conti car.

What's the average depreciation value for a Beemer?

Thanks in advance.

Work backwards...if yours is 2 yrs, it should be in the range of the 65% PARF...and you should be looking at 9.5k dep still. Private buyers would give u around 120k...

Mine is still within the 80% PARF, and paper plus body can still fetch me $125k to aprivate buyer....wave.gifwave.gif

As for BrandonS, kindly ignore him...he is from IMH...seeking treatment hereidea.gif