New Amplifier

Gslin

Neutral Newbie

Recently hv some extra cash($300-350), would like to install a 4 channels amp. Can someone advise the model & current mkt price? thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Maybe i budget too little for a new amp. Can someone advise how much does a moderate amp cost? Tks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi othello,

wat is d watt output for that kind of price? i heard so much of pre-amp, wat exactly is d function of this item?

Your advice is appreciated, tks

mine says 900W ..... pre-amp is when you wanna play front comps + woofer .... unless your HU have 3 RCA pre-out ( that means you can control from your HU), normally have to get pre-amp .......... another way is to upgrade pre-amp loh .......

Neutral Newbie

Wow! your amp so powerful,will it drain off ur car batt quickly??? i think u hv extra batt, right? mine HU is a sony w MP3, i think is 52wx4 config. Back speakers are infinity 3ways 250w type. Front speakers are 6" type can't remember d brand already.

i dont tink d above config can handle ur kind of pwr o/p leh! Any sug???

Any advice is welcome, tks.

Neutral Newbie
Recently hv some extra cash($300-350), would like to install a 4 channels amp. Can someone advise the model & current mkt price? thanks.

Got my Rodek sm7550 5-channel amp for $450+installation. Amp comes with builtin crossovers. hence only need 1 RCA output from stock HU and split into 3 channels. Using Amp to filter to front,rear and sub.

Suggest you get a 4 channel amp and bridge the rear to the sub. your rear speakers can be directly driven by your HU and normally only for rear fill. That could save u some cost.

Neutral Newbie

Last Friday went to SLT to enquire abt price. Spotted one shop selling ICE unit. The sales guy quoted a 500w 4channels Sony amp at $189/- excl installation. Is this price ok??? Forgot to ask abt pre-amp, any idea on the cost???

Your advice is appreciated, thanks.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

this amp alone (Rodek sm7550 ) is probably selling for less then 160 in simlim tower... [knife][knife][knife]

Edited by Zealot

Neutral Newbie

sony xplod, is it cheap??? i only saw one type, the usual red colour type, did not take note of model no. Any diff?

Neutral Newbie

edison, far east electronic.........note it's not a exact price but the last time i been there most of the non-us 4ch amp were below 200