Optra Auto N Redline?

Godzilla

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anyone can advise me on this?

I stepped fully on the accelerator, the gear dropped (normal, i guess) and the rpm shoot straight up into the red zone. Funny thing is the needle hovered for about 5 sec in the red zone near the end of the rpm meter liao. It only shifted up when i let go of the accelerator.....is it normal or my car something wrong? coz heard from others who drive auto, the car will shift up once in the red zone...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

wow.... chiongster... [:p]

When i step hard to overtake... it never ever go into the red zone leh... maybe i never step long enough. Did you fully step on it after going up a long slope? Some bros here face the "stuck" high rpm before... but not redline... [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

yeah it was upslope and was overtaking.....it was a straight sliproad upslope into expressway. I stepped fully and held it there....i saw the needle went straight up into the redzone, pass the redline and held there for a few seconds.....i was stunned but recover enough to let off my foot.

stuck high rpm? then how? think i kanna once before

Now that's what I call a HRF! [laugh][laugh] But seriously go back to the agent to check, rev-limiter seems not to be working? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

oooh.... but mine is it stuck at the redline....and couldn't be pressed not enough coz i practically floored the pedal...

Supercharged

Ok..this one I never try before. I have never try to overtake going up slope. what speed are you going at?

Hi,

I stepped fully on the accelerator, the gear dropped (normal, i guess) and the rpm shoot straight up into the red zone. Funny thing is the needle hovered for about 5 sec in the red zone near the end of the rpm meter liao. It only shifted up when i let go of the accelerator.....is it normal or my car something wrong? coz heard from others who drive auto, the car will shift up once in the red zone...

isnt tat how it should be ?

floor the pedal,,,gear drop , rpm shot into the redline....

but for some car, they have a rev limiter which automatically cut off the fuel if it is in redline too long.

Neutral Newbie
Hi,

Broz, send it for a check lahz. Does not really sound normal to me. For my ride, it goees up to 5-6K rpm then it will auto switch.....

Yup correct [nod] . No matter how hard & long I step, as long the rpm needle hits 6500rpm [sweatdrop] , it'll automatically shift 2 the next upper gear & rpm drops. I guess tis is the normal gearbox function for auto Non-CVT cars [gossip]

Neutral Newbie

sounds sporty like my previous ride with the resonator removed.....the gear dropped, the growl increased and you feel a light push forward.....a cheaper less effective version of a turbo, more of a turbo-on-demand... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Get it checked. I occassionally floor my pedal. It will change gears once it touches the redline.

Yes, love the growl too.. haha

↡ Advertisement