I just got hit by flying debris!

Spango

I just got hit by a flying pebble (I think) on my Aveo while I was criusing along ECP this morning! [furious] Now there is a 2cm long cross (X) near to my rear-view mirror. Should I get it repaired or the windscreen changed? Does anyone know the cost? If I change the windscreen, does anyone know how much does it cost to replace the Huper Optiks film on the front windscreen...? [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

change windscreen better...insurance mostly got cover...pay excess of between 50 to 100 can liao....huper optiks no idea.. maybe other bros here can help.... [:)]

ya forget to mention...change windscreen claim insurance will not affect NCD..i am expert liao...have done at least 3 times...hahaha

Edited by Seaweed

Neutral Newbie

Pay excess of $100 if I not wrong and recently my collague replace his front windscreen for this Honda city from agent and he pay for the Huper Optiks film about $200--$300 just for the front windscreen only.Reason given was only do front windscreen not the whole car,location Kaki bukit Vicom

[lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Wouldn't that break the factory seal? And I heard that usually the replacement seal won't be as good as the factory seal... And over time, water will start seeping in, damaging the interior... [sweatdrop]

Just came back from Starsauto... The process looks very leh che... Have to go down NTUC Income and get approval so that Starsauto can quote... And if the quote is approved, then I can send my vehicle to Starsauto for replacement windscreen... [furious]

I am thinking what will happen if I just leave it alone? After this, don't think I will renew with NTUC the next time round... [sweatdrop]

Okay, just an update... I've decided to send my ride to Tuffi (one of NTUC's authorized workshop) instead to change the windscreen. I have to pay an excess of $105.00 (inclusive of G.S.T)... They say they are using back the original parts... Hoepfully their worksmanship is good... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

not to worry insurance cover. access fee of 100 shld be arnd tat range. wont take too long to change too. and if u have ur car protected by V-kool or soemthing dan u will need awhile more to get everything done.

Actually, I have installed Huper Optiks... According to them, I need to wait for 3 days after the installation of the windshield before I can head down to have my film installed again... That would cost me around $300... Maybe I should take up their insurance as well... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

huh i tot it comes with insurance? it doenst mine came with insurance life time warrenty if im not wrong. mines vkool though

The warranty is for peeling, bubbles, failed LTA inspections, etc... Not too sure about now, but during my time, Vkool was offering 5 years warranty while Huper Optiks was offering 10 years warranty... That was why I opted for Huper Optiks.... And they gave me an option to sign up for 'broken glass' warranty which I ignored until now... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement