Volvo S40 Outruns new Lexus GS300

Locksley1976

Neutral Newbie

Saw this on Sunday evening along Boundary Road.

A volvo S40 was following a new Lexus GS300 who was speeding away. The GS300 driver was driver (1st car) at a traffic light on extreme right and the volvo was behind. When the light turned green, the GS300 floored the accelerator. But after 50metres, see the volvo overtake the GS300 on the left and sped off.

The S40 that fast meh? Thought the GS300 can do 0-100 in 7.5s, somemore V6 engine. Don't know if the volvo is T5 cos too fast liao.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe the GS300 doesnt want to overspeed too much, so let go of throttle. At the overtake pt, is the GS300 still accelerating or perhaps taper off already?

Maybe GS not WOT. This kind of encounter, only the 2 drivers know what happen actually. [;)]

(edited)

Saw this on Sunday evening along Boundary Road.

A volvo S40 was following a new Lexus GS300 [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] who was speeding away. The GS300 driver was driver (1st car) at a traffic light on extreme right and the volvo was behind. When the light turned green, the GS300 floored the accelerator. But after 50metres, see the volvo overtake the GS300 on the left and sped off.

The S40 that fast meh? Thought the GS300 can do 0-100 in 7.5s, somemore V6 engine [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] . Don't know if the volvo is T5 cos too fast liao.

Yup from what i know that the Volvo s40 is rather powerful . And some more i think that the turbo version is much more powerful man (Maybe it is the T5 version man). Somemore the i think that the volvo is the T5 version man [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] I think the Gs 300 is not flooring the acclercator because the car is new man( engine still running in ).

Edited by Crv2004

In turn, I know a couple of white wrx that can beat those white S40 on the road.

Yup i know them too man. All the WRX Tp vs The to s40 man [laugh][laugh][laugh]

The TP WRX on the road already? I haven't seen any yet

They are on the road already man. Got some of the member met them at the petrol station pumping petrol

Neutral Newbie

Just checked the stats for both cars (0-100kmh). The S40 T5 is 7.3s whereas the GS300 is 7.5s, I think GS know cannot beat T5.

Just checked the stats for both cars (0-100kmh). The S40 T5 is 7.3s whereas the GS300 is 7.5s, I think GS know cannot beat T5

[nod][nod][nod] But the driver also is the key factor too man [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Maybe can pass by TP bldg at Ubi, sure can see.

Make sure you know how they look like or else you meet them on the road and you still bur bur race with then than you sure die man [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement