MYVI

Sphink

Neutral Newbie
Perodua quality no doubt is better than Proton.... but i still prefer to buy a Daihatsu

yah man... Perodua's build quality can whack Proton anytime... Just take Gen2 for example... [shakehead][shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Perodua quality no doubt is better than Proton.... but i still prefer to buy a Daihatsu

yah man... Perodua's build quality can whack Proton anytime... Just take Gen2 for example... [shakehead][shakehead]

Perodua's superior quality over Proton is a little Malaysian secret that Singaporeans are only now starting to discover.

Visit http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/summary....69682640&page=1 (one of Malaysia's most popular automotive forums) to get honest feedback from Malaysians on their national cars.

Neutral Newbie

don't understand? who is Sin Tien Seng and why would they stop them. ain't this a free market?

Neutral Newbie
don't understand? who is Sin Tien Seng and why would they stop them. ain't this a free market?

Since Perodua is under Daihatsu's control, the parent company may have a say in which market the subsidiary's car can be sold.

Do you know that Perocom (Kelisa, Kambara seller in Singapore) isn't actually the authorised dealer for Perodua. They are just parallel importers for these cars. Anyway, talks have been going around on whether Myvi will be coming to our shores. From what I heard, I would tend to believe it is coming. True or false, time will tell. So for those interested, sit tight and wait. [;)]

Yet to know what the pricing is like. Could be 5-10k more than the present price of Kelisa. Don't expect it to be cheap just because it is made in Malaysia. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
Yet to know what the pricing is like. Could be 5-10k more than the present price of Kelisa. Don't expect it to be cheap just because it is made in Malaysia. [sweatdrop]

Quite true. The range-topping MyVi sells at Gen.2 prices in Malaysia. It's killing the Savvy not because of price competitiveness, but because it has superior design and quality.

The MyVi certainly won't be cheap if it hits our shores.

Quite true. The range-topping MyVi sells at Gen.2 prices in Malaysia. It's killing the Savvy not because of price competitiveness, but because it has superior design and quality.

The MyVi certainly won't be cheap if it hits our shores.

The 'original' Daihatsu Sirion distributed by STS is going for something like$52k~$55k 2 saturday ago ..if I remember correctly.I think it's already quite reasonable price for a jap make 1.3L car.But heard the SE from STS [shakehead][shakehead]

The 'original' Daihatsu Sirion distributed by STS is going for something like$52k~$55k 2 saturday ago ..if I remember correctly.I think it's already quite reasonable price for a jap make 1.3L car.But heard the SE from STS [shakehead][shakehead]

The Sirion could have been cheaper for a tinny Jap econobox. A price of S$52K-S$55K puts it smack in Fiat Panda and Skoda Fabia territory. I'd favour the Continental cars for their toughness and other cool features.

↡ Advertisement