Question on PARF and COE rebates

Queoof

Neutral Newbie

Got a question for all experts here, assuming i scrap my car and end up with the paper certs from LTA. And if I go on to buy a brand new car, can i use these certs to offset the purchase? I hear that I can do that with no "penalty" on the cert values, rite? Is this only true for distributors like Kah, BM .... How about for PI? Are they subject to this? Or can they deduct some % off as "commission"?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I see. cos i thot my PI said he would deduct 4% if i hand over the certs to him. Must clarify again tomorrow.

BTW, you referring to this paragraph?

What are the uses of the PARF/COE rebate?

The PARF rebate may be used to offset the Additional Registration Fee (ARF), Registration Fee (RF) and Quota Premium (QP) when registering a new car. Any excess rebate amount not used will be lapsed. Alternatively, the holder may transfer his rebate(s) to another person if he does not intend to use the rebate(s) himself. The COE rebate may be used to offset the ARF, RF and QP when registering any vehicle. Vehicle owner can also use a COE rebate purchased under his name to offset the Prevailing Quota Premium (PQP) when he renew his existing vehicle's COE.

So is there a law for this or something? thanks

Neutral Newbie

Different dealers have different practices... The market rate for PARF paper deduction is now at 5-6.5%...

eddie

Supercharged
(edited)

it's a free market, your PI can say he would deduct 50% also can, but you always have the choice of going to another PI that will not deduct a single percent.

usually, they should deduct only when you are only selling the PARF to them to get back cash.

Edited by Eyke

Turbocharged

If the sales person from the authorised stealer or the PI wants to deduct even a cent off your PARF paper ---> ask them to go f*ck themselves because you can buy from someone else. Don't get short changed because the deduction goes right into their pockets!

You'll only get a deduction if you sell the paper (ie not buying a car).

Hey guys, any of you have scrap an opc car before, hows the parf rebate like? Is it same as normal car?

so your question is like where the 17k is taken from when registering..

I also curious,..

I believe should be the same and the discount of 17k is given by LTA - for not being able to use during weekdays and the coupons bought over the years goes back into their kitty

OPC rebate 17K taken off from your COE, then PARF (if COE is less than 17K) upon registration.

Upon de-registration, balance of PARF (50% or so depending on year of registration) is rebated to you.

So, if you have a QQ at COE $2, nothing back at end of 10 year. [laugh]

• Praise 1

OPC rebate 17K taken off from your COE, then PARF (if COE is less than 17K) upon registration.

Upon de-registration, balance of PARF (50% or so depending on year of registration) is rebated to you.

So, if you have a QQ at COE $2, nothing back at end of 10 year. [laugh]

I doubt so, from what I heard, if can't deduct the full 17k, the rest will be forfeited. I might be wrong, anyone with any experience out there?

Anyway for the rebate, can refer to the below, but still don't fully understand....

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...OE_Rebates.html

Why don't you just trade in the car that is about to be scrapped?

The new car dealer will give you full paper value+body value+overtrade for your 9+yr car. They will also allow you to keep the car till new car collection day, unless your new car cannot come in time.

Hassle free.

I doubt so, from what I heard, if can't deduct the full 17k, the rest will be forfeited. I might be wrong, anyone with any experience out there?

Anyway for the rebate, can refer to the below, but still don't fully understand....

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...OE_Rebates.html

I think so also. If not enough to deduct, sure they makan one. But how many cars have OMV less than 10K? Even QQ is around 10K IIRC.

↡ Advertisement