Car windscreen engraving

Beaver

(Reviving a thread after 11years!) Would like to know where i can do windscreen engraving, do people still do this anyway?

↡ Advertisement

I always thought engraving is old school security measure, where it was easier for car thieves to change your plates but forget that your VN was engraved on wind screen.

Is it still in practice?

On another note, I think my windscreen just got engraved by a few stray rock chips after frequenting Seletar Link ...

Edited by hsl118

Turbocharged

Nowadays, most cars' front windscreens have an aperture at the bottom, where you can see the vehicle's chassis number engraved on a nameplate affixed on the bonnet.

So I think this security measure is sufficient.

• Praise 2

Nowadays, most cars' front windscreens have an aperture at the bottom, where you can see the vehicle's chassis number engraved on a nameplate affixed on the bonnet.

So I think this security measure is sufficient.

I thought mine was special haha, didn't know it's standard.

I still remember those days of windscreen engraving...

• Praise 1

Reviving an old thread... You can DIY. I did it using masking tape, those alphabet stickers from Daiso and Popular, and glass etching gel (weak hydroflouric acid in gel form) bought online from eBay. I think local arts and crafts shops may have it too. Glass etching is a very common hobby overseas.

↡ Advertisement