Nanolux (correct spelling?) Solar Shield good?

Azreal

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys, just wondering if this brand of the solar shield is good? It is part of the so-call freebies coming out from the sales fella's pocket when i purchased a new car juz a week ago. The sales fella says lifetime warranty, etc while others only around 3 years, blah blah blah. So experience ppl out there has any comments whether if this is good?

Edited by Azreal
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

not bad lah.. I am having that , bot it during last year motorshow..

guarantee for life , yes they provide a card for that.

the job well done too, they did it indoor in air-con room somewhere near lorong ah soo.

if its for free , just go for it. but they need to have a small cut on the film at the erp gadget otherwise it can deflect the sensor when passing by the erp gantry.

overall good as it keep you slightly cooler during a hot day.

Neutral Newbie

For solar film if there's a need to cut the film at the ERP, the solar effective is too

good that it even deflect the ERP signal. There many grade of film, probably yours might not be the very good grade. Better go and try to enter those ERP carpark before you got fine for going thru those ERP grantry.

Neutral Newbie

Yo!! I have just purchased my car which comes with nanolux films that the agent throw in. There are very obvious stripes(purplish colours, rainbow-like) on my windows. This phenomenon only appears in enclosed Multi-storey car park under bright fluoroscent lights and also super obvious in the CTE tunnel. Howver when under normal sunlight, its ok. Is this normal for metallic film? Did you see this happening in your car? Wah Piang! super ugly leh...I don't see this on other cars (other types of film)

I went to Nanolux at Upp Paya Lebar, the sales person told me that its normal for metallic solar films as such things are cause by the metallic compositions and its this that give Nanolux the solar shielding effect. Is this true?

Neutral Newbie

Not sure if nanolux can be compared to V-kool or huper optik but all are made by same company in US:

http://www.southwall.com/products.html

All distributed by same company in singapore, Globamatrix SG:

http://www.globamatrix.com/our_brands/main_page_brands.html

Guess you have to get feedback from actual nanolux users to confirm.

I use huper and I find that it's comparable to v-kool in my friend's car.

Neutral Newbie

Not sure wat u meant abt those stripes as I dont see them.

Maybe the deflection degree of your film, mine is suppose to be 45-65%

which I paid a slight premium over the normal ones which has abt 25%.

The highest is about 70+% which cost near one grand.

If u mentioned that the agent throws this in for u , I they just provide

u the basic protection film which may differs from the rest.

yes, this materials are of metallic compound similar to V-Kool and that's why

they need to cut an opening at the erp gadget position, otherwise the deflecting effect

will not allow the erp to capture your unit while going thru the gantry and i understand

this is the lta requirement.

if u dont feel nice at those stripes, u can take off the film easily, just tear them off

fm the edges -

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your reply cougar! hmmm....anyway, I only see those unslightly stuffs under lights in enclosed carparks and in the CTE tunnel...hmm...strange that when I ask the Nanolux sales person why is this so, he said that all metallic compound films are like that, he even offer to drive me using his car (with Nanolux installed) to the CTE tunnel and take a look, din't go though cos really too troublesome just to get verification.

Perhaps I will call him up to again to seek his views again about whether is it the "grade" that makes the difference...

[:/]

↡ Advertisement