Twin surbo ..shud i or shudn't i

Wolverine

don't really get it...dizzy.gif

so if i rev 4k in 3rd gear then depress the clutch or release? the clutch already release how to release again? so when rpm drop to 3k, must clutch release? then need to press acc to redline or hold at 1/2 clutch then it will redline by itself?

Neutral Newbie

did u check your fuel consumption after installing? like tat always red line...seems siong sia....tats why don dare always rev until so high...

but heng claims better fc leh... [dizzy]

Yeah lor esp when you exceed 3K ...from 4 to 7 like in a breeze ...

I discover that instead of acc from 1K to 2.5K hold then 1/2 throt ...i usually go to 4k at 3rd gear then release clutch 4-3K at 3K i 1/2 throt ....it's like all the way man! shiok

what you mean by "then release clutch 4-3K at 3K i 1/2 throt"?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
It says it is a kind of light turbo but it looks like any filters

Yes, it is what it says. But there's absolutely no way that this thing can cause any kind of "turbo" action. Basically, their website is untruthful in this aspect and does not offer any other viable explanation. I don't think it will work, other than restricting intake air "may" lead to improved low end, definitely worse high end performance.

A "possible" explanation is that it causes restriction near the mass air flow sensor, causing air to speed up as it passes through the restriction, and increases the mass air flow signal, causing the computer to read adnormally high air flow. The computer will eventually adapt to this, but essentially changes the response of the engine.

Edited by Zrun

Neutral Newbie

I think you are quite right, although I'm not sure the real cause is the restriction of air and/or the vortex & compressed air (as claimed in Surbo's specification); it is to 'trick' the engine that you're flooring and thus changes the response of the engine.

In reality you're just stepping the accelerator a little more, it provides the feel similar to a Light Pressure Turbo Car (which kicks in as low as ~2200rpm)to surge forward for increase in speed or for overtaking.

you may be right..

but then again the installation of the surbo varies. Sometimes it's before the air filter, sometimes it's after.

Surbo works for me when i had my stock air filter box.

Open pod like no diff.

Spoke to Ah Heng....he said to make my single surbo twin = $60...

dunno wanna try or not ....Bukit timah too far ...hmmm...or shud i get a 2nd hand single surbo and add on? can save me 30-40bucks

personally i've tried n doesnt work for my ride. i returned after 3 week. he was kind enuff to gimme my $ back... but only after i insisted. cause he dun believe his "invention" dosent work on my ride [sweatdrop]

yah... but...

I've to go back at least 3 times. cause , like i said, he dun believe his surbo dun wok on my auto car

he kept asking me to try different things.. eg try Ron 92, change to lighter rim or down size my tyres... just to "accomodate" his $80 surbo?[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Mine is Auto too, installed after stock filter box, just before air line entering throttle, work fine so far! I'm very happy with the improvement.

Neutral Newbie

I'm quite new to these mods things, but it seems to me that all these gadgets have differing results on different car. And as read in MCF, same goes to many of the other gadgets.

thats why we refrain from "promoting" a certain gadget simply due to this. even for similar models like eg a mazda 323, we still cannot be sure if the end effect can be reproduced on another 323! [laugh]

sometimes the "improvement" can also just be in the owners mind lor [:p]

surbo actually lighten my right foot pedal quite a lot...can feel....and also reving is better than last time...

i think surbo works more on manual...

Neutral Newbie
I think you are quite right, although I'm not sure the real cause is the restriction of air and/or the vortex & compressed air (as claimed in Surbo's specification); it is to 'trick' the engine that you're flooring and thus changes the response of the engine.

In reality you're just stepping the accelerator a little more, it provides the feel similar to a Light Pressure Turbo Car (which kicks in as low as ~2200rpm)to surge forward for increase in speed or for overtaking.

It is technically impossible for the engine to "think" you are flooring when you are not, because the car depends on a set of sensors, and nothing is changed here, other than a restriction in the intake pipe.

↡ Advertisement