• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:42 AM

Matsuri
  • Matsuri
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello everyone

something to ask regarding suspended driving license..

Do i need to retake driving test(theory & practical) if i kanna suspended from driving for 1 yr?

Pls advise..
thanks!

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

Reliable
  • Reliable
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

my fren suspend for 6mths retook the practical only. not sure for 1yr.

Ronald Reagan
1911-2004, Fortieth President of the United States

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

Atlantis_boi
  • Atlantis_boi
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

To my understanding, if less than a yr, it's call suspend. If more than a yr, its called revoked. For revoked cases, u'll nid 2 start frm beginning (basic theory - TP test).

Pls correct if I'm wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

Konspire
  • Konspire
    6th Gear
    Author Image

anything 1 yr n above, it's called revoke. go through all the lessons n test again. anything below 1 yr, it's suspended. i think only hv to go for a compulsory refresher course at any driving ctr......
------------------------------------------------
I'm not crazy but just a little unwell.....I know you don't care
just my 2 pence none the richer....
------------------------------------------------

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:03 AM

Matsuri
  • Matsuri
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

thanks all for the reply..
now still waiting for the judge to decide....sian...

hopefully not more than 6months..

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:10 AM

Superduper
  • Superduper
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You must have done something serious to get a 1 year suspension. btw, a person can be suspended or disqualified for 1 year. Suspension is by demerit points system while disqualifiaction is by the courts. any suspension or disq for more than 12 months means you have to start from scratch. From my limited understanding....

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

Reliable
  • Reliable
    4th Gear
    Author Image

good luck to you.
tell the judge u are inspired by initial D blame it on the movie keke

Ronald Reagan

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:22 AM

Matsuri
  • Matsuri
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

bro..

it just that i forgotten to pay the third party insurance n vehicle license..

i moved factory...then the address forgotten to change..that's why they mail to wrong address.. thus i forgot to pay..that's all lor..

then sway sway 1 day stop @ police stop... only then that i realised forgot to pay n update new factory address..

anyway..that's for the help..

heng is not need to start from scratch..

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:24 AM

Matsuri
  • Matsuri
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

oei!.. i'm a safe driver hor..

drive so many yrs.. never kanna any demerit points or summon..

refer to my previous post...rifle.gif

not all suspended r linked to speeding ah...

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:30 AM

Reliable
  • Reliable
    4th Gear
    Author Image

if u change ur factory address not long ago u can plead with the judges. shouldnt be bad. out of busy schedules and u didnt receive the renewal cause of change of address. maybe will kena fined only.

Ronald Reagan

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

Matsuri
  • Matsuri
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

ya lor..
that's what i'm going to say to the judge lor..

damn sian now..

thanks all for the reply n advice!!

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:41 AM

Gadgeter
  • Premium member
    Gadgeter
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I dun think your license will be suspended for such cases..
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:57 AM

Matsuri
  • Matsuri
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

bro.. i had already gone for 1 court session liao..

going again next week... now requesting MP to help lessen the punishment..

don't want to suspend too long ah.. need to work ah... delivery goods...

sian..

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:20 PM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hello everyone

Do i need to retake driving test(theory & practical) if i kanna suspended from driving for 1 yr?

Pls advise..
thanks!

Think for 1 year... yes.. you'll need to retake everything... so try to ask for leniency.... to shorten your suspension...
"I rather be disliked by people for who I really am, than to be liked by people for who I am not."

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

Reliable
  • Reliable
    4th Gear
    Author Image

how many days in total from the day the road tax and insurance expired to the day TP stop you?

Ronald Reagan

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:25 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes...1 year n more u hav to....

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:13 PM

Gadgeter
  • Premium member
    Gadgeter
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oic... hopes everything will be okie.
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:31 PM

Laserolla
  • Laserolla
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

no car insurance u still dared to drive on S'pore road. Very risky leh.

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

Matsuri
  • Matsuri
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hi..

anyone know any lawyer good @ this type of traffic offense case?

pls recommend..thanks!!

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

Crv2004
  • Crv2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hello everyone

Pls advise..
thanks!

How come you kanna suspended ????
[bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] Pay Increment Not Enough [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

[grouphug] [bigcry] [grouphug] [bigcry] [grouphug] [bigcry]

[bounce1] [bounce1] [bounce1] [bounce2] [bounce2] [bounce2]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users