Suspended driving license

Matsuri

Neutral Newbie

hi..

anyone know any lawyer good @ this type of traffic offense case?

pls recommend..thanks!!

↡ Advertisement

Hello everyone

something to ask regarding suspended driving license..

Do i need to retake driving test(theory & practical) if i kanna suspended from driving for 1 yr?

Pls advise..

thanks!

How come you kanna suspended ????

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,

Is it true that the suspension period will be shorten if u take up the retraining lesson?

Does retraining lesson have to go through the TP test too?

Can I ask kena 24 demerit points will be suspended for how long?

Depends on whether you have been suspended before.

If this is your:

• 1st suspension: 12 weeks (3 months)
  • 2nd suspension: 24 weeks (6 months)
  • 3rd suspension: 1 year
  • 4th suspension: 2 years
  • 5th suspension onwards: 3 years

If it is your first or second suspension, you can take a retraining course to reduce your suspension period. Upon passing the course, your suspension will be reduced to 4 weeks if it is your first time, and 12 weeks if it is your second.

Hope that helps.

SOURCE: https://www.police.gov.sg/resources/traffic-matters/already-have-a-licence/dips

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to interupt but I have a situation.

I once had multiple ongoing summons with an agency, bailors and court dates involved.

Without me realising it, the court or agency submitted a temporary suspension for my case. I found out only when I was stopped for driving without seatbelt while I was doing my deliveries.

I was sentenced in court with a jail term and 18 month suspension period. I have no records of suspension, be it through points or charged, prior to this.

My suspension period is almost over in a few days time. Is it possible for me to appeal to get my license reinstated?

I once had multiple ongoing summons with an agency, bailors and court dates involved.

Without me realising it, the court or agency submitted a temporary suspension for my case. I found out only when I was stopped for driving without seatbelt while I was doing my deliveries.

I was sentenced in court with a jail term and 18 month suspension period. I have no records of suspension, be it through points or charged, prior to this.

My suspension period is almost over in a few days time. Is it possible for me to appeal to get my license reinstated?

Jail term and 18 months for not buckled up? Singapore or other country?

Ppl here so hiong. Still can ask whether can appeal to get back license after serving jail term and suspension.

To be honest...I hope not.

• Praise 1

thanks all for the reply..

now still waiting for the judge to decide....sian...

hopefully not more than 6months..

wish you good luck. But if it was really your fault, hope you will learn from your mistake to add another better driver on the road.

Neutral Newbie

The thing is.. my summons were parking related summons. Not because of drink driving. Not because of hit and run. Not because of maxed out demerit points. I was not even aware the agency could put up a temporary suspension just simply due to outstanding summons. And if I had known, I would not be dumb enough to continue driving.

The thing is.. my summons were parking related summons. Not because of drink driving. Not because of hit and run. Not because of maxed out demerit points. I was not even aware the agency could put up a temporary suspension just simply due to outstanding summons. And if I had known, I would not be dumb enough to continue driving.

Why didn't you pay summon on time in the 1st place?

• Praise 1

Sentenced with a jail term and 19 month suspension!

If your vehicle belong to the company than I am sure the law enforcement would has already contacted your company to provide a driver name. Otherwise law enforcement would has already came knocking on your door.

You mean no registered mail or no one in you comany informed you?

Turbocharged

Sentenced with a jail term and 19 month suspension!

If your vehicle belong to the company than I am sure the law enforcement would has already contacted your company to provide a driver name. Otherwise law enforcement would has already came knocking on your door.

You mean no registered mail or no one in you comany informed you?

I smell something fishy. Go jail and 18mth suspension from driving due to no payment on parking fines??? Zhun boh...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4