Suspended driving license

Matsuri

Neutral Newbie

I was doing third party rental, subletting cars to other drivers. But my mistake was, there were not enough black and white between me and the drivers. All summons were furnished under my details. I took a lot of time trying to sort out the paperwork and finding those drivers because I did not wish to pay for something I did not commit. But eventually I gave up, as prolonging the matter seemed to make it worse.

What I did not expect though, was the temporary suspension. So, I paid the fines and did my time. Now, I am wondering if there are any chance to get my license reinstated? But I am already mentally prepared to take evrything from scratch.

↡ Advertisement

I was doing third party rental, subletting cars to other drivers. But my mistake was, there were not enough black and white between me and the drivers. All summons were furnished under my details. I took a lot of time trying to sort out the paperwork and finding those drivers because I did not wish to pay for something I did not commit. But eventually I gave up, as prolonging the matter seemed to make it worse.

What I did not expect though, was the temporary suspension. So, I paid the fines and did my time. Now, I am wondering if there are any chance to get my license reinstated? But I am already mentally prepared to take evrything from scratch.

This is not a mistake. It's totally illegal. That's why the authorities are trying to stop you.

• Praise 2

Ok more detials surfaced now.

I reckon you brought a few coe vehicles and sublet it out for a rental fee. All cars registered under your name (lta and insurance). You charged on daily or monthly rental basic. I am guessing period should be during uber present in Singapore.

Ok as for those accumulated summon (fines/points) over that period they were from various rental charges from your fleet of vehicle.

I don't think you can appeal or seek waiver to reinstate your licences since all vehicles were under your name at the point of offences. You didn't provide a name to the authority. Unless YOUR AGREEMENT with those that rented from you stated otherwise, which is illegally in the eye of law. I doubt you stand a chance.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Sorry off topic. May I know what made it illegal to sublet? Cars are insured and categorised accordingly.

Did you registered your business with ROC?

Did you indicated in your insurance policy your fleet of car are for rental business.

Did you declare you income as personal income or earning?

To be continue..

Did you registered your business with ROC?

Did you indicated in your insurance policy your fleet of car are for rental business.

Did you declare you income as personal income or earning?

To be continue..ð

...as above this is most important or else is like cheating gahman..that will be the last thing anyone will want to do...
↡ Advertisement